RobNZ

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
5065456445_eb08f386bf_b.jpg

Or
5066065514_64119bb88a_b.jpg

Personally I prefer the BW version over the colour (as accurate as I remember it, damn CPL was in my wifes car).

A couple more I'd like to share from the set.

3. Finally got a shot that shows the persons face, lol.
5065450045_6def9f1c11_b.jpg

4. I like the symbolism of this one, Dad is overseeing his son and also participating himself, both very good at this sport.
5066066476_6b00222157_b.jpg

5. I wanted some wide shots (18mm on 1.6 crop) but I just couldnt get any action close enough to get the result I was after, will have to look into some splash proof housing of sorts.
5065453709_5c3ccb7ec0_b.jpg

6. This guy featured in my first set, really nice guy and was really stoked with the first set (managed 5 sales between him and his parents, always a nice bonus) and just kept thanking me for the images I got of him, he also said I had made him famous and earnt him some "man" points for the 4 image half page spread that appeared in our regional paper (which I did not realise they had published, but he went and bought a few copies so I will be able to get a copy myself, I told you he was a top dude).
5065447045_6a2fe458e7_b.jpg

C&C welcome.

Full set can be found here if anyone is interested.

Kitesurfing 9-10-2010 - a set on Flickr

Awesome shots Rob as usual - I really like the last one (#6) it seems like a great avatar type of shot or generic photo for publication in papers etc when talking about the guy general. #3 seems a bit underexposed, and could especially use some fill lighting (dodge/lighten) on the face of the main guy in the foreground.

Also as to your original question i prefer the BW over the colour version.

Hey fokker, long time between drinks, lol.

Cheers for your feedback, I actually got him to pose for that for about 15 seconds. I am getting more confident in talking to people and asking them if I can shoot them, having a chat and just asking them 15-20 seconds of their time.

Good point on No.3, might have another play with that.

Thanks tim, I did orignally have it more saturated, to be more pleasing to the eye, then I adjusted it back to how I remember it being, part of a "trying to keep it real" phase I go through with some shots.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back