BW photo session, C&C

Im in love with your photography AND your model! She didnt mind getting dirty sitting in the tire?

No, model was more into photography result rather than in a whole process :) Me too.. after some wedding I come back at home in a dirty clothes. Beauty demands victims :)

Beauty demands victims :)

Ain't that the truth?

Now, everybody is going to hate me because I am not in love with those at all.

From an artistic standpoint you can call them a style and that is fine. To each his own.

From a technical standpoint, there are way too many blown areas. At least from what I'm seeing on my computer.

To me, they are not up to your usual quality.

Pretty girl!

WOW!

In several of them I notice some vignetting. Is that intentional? Also, in some of them there is a very bight background area right behind her, competing with her for the eye's attention.

Several of them are simply too light.

Several are crooked for no apparent reason.

I don't care for the way you "wanted it to be." The contrast level has the effect of removing all the highlight detail, which makes her look like a Real Doll. In fact, if she turned out to actually be a Real Doll, I wouldn't be surprised.

16, 17 and 19 are AMAZING!

Great shots, Donatas! Were these all natural light on an overcast day? The light quality is fabulous. Very, very beautiful model, with great looks. #4 is almost my favorite. I love the pose, there is so much dynamic energy with the long leg line and arm line to match, and with the energy her head and look creates back towards the center of the frame. But the chain running through her leg kills it. If you were to recreate that pose without that there, it would be my favorite for sure.

wow! great collection sir..I like the 2nd one

Hello, there are some BW photos from my recent photo session in Lithuania. Yes, these BW has a higher contrast, the way I wanted it to be :) IMHO it looks more attractive. Let me know, which is your favorite? :)
End of discussion then, right?:gah:;)

Wow, guys I realy did not expect such amount of comments and critiques, thank you! Just came back at home from the all day wedding (its 24pm now). And I'll try to reply to you.

Beauty demands victims :)

Ain't that the truth?

Now, everybody is going to hate me because I am not in love with those at all.

From an artistic standpoint you can call them a style and that is fine. To each his own.

From a technical standpoint, there are way too many blown areas. At least from what I'm seeing on my computer.

To me, they are not up to your usual quality.

Thanks! I absolutely respect your opinion. There are always (and will be) people who does not like mine or yours or others works. As you said to each his own. Oh technique.. What is good technique and what is bad technique? I think it for everyones taste. Why there cant be any blown areas? There are lots of professional photographers who does BLACK and WHITE (not BLACK and GREY, or GREY & GREY). Or if the photo is blurred, so technically that means it is bad? But how many art are blurred... So there are no any technical rules or whatever. As Ansel Adam said: There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs.

Pretty girl!

WOW!

In several of them I notice some vignetting. Is that intentional? Also, in some of them there is a very bight background area right behind her, competing with her for the eye's attention.

Several of them are simply too light.

Several are crooked for no apparent reason.

Thanks for your notice! First I would like to say that I am not pro, I am just an amateur, holding camera in my hands maybe around 3 years. Yeah, there is some bright areas, some vigneting or whatever..But show me yours or someones PERFECT photography? :) everyone does mistakes. I never keep rules doing photography I just make it the way I like it. If you like what I do, then I am happy :) Any critique is much better than the comment "good" or "amazing". Once again thanks.

I don't care for the way you "wanted it to be." The contrast level has the effect of removing all the highlight detail, which makes her look like a Real Doll. In fact, if she turned out to actually be a Real Doll, I wouldn't be surprised.

What if she in real life looks like a Doll? lol And why do I need highlight details? There is anyway one tone. Thanks for you comment ;)

16, 17 and 19 are AMAZING!

Thank you!

Be my mentor!

Youre welcome :)

I share your HO.

Hey man, you gotta be careful doing that.

Great shots, Donatas! Were these all natural light on an overcast day? The light quality is fabulous. Very, very beautiful model, with great looks. #4 is almost my favorite. I love the pose, there is so much dynamic energy with the long leg line and arm line to match, and with the energy her head and look creates back towards the center of the frame. But the chain running through her leg kills it. If you were to recreate that pose without that there, it would be my favorite for sure.

Thanks! Shooting outside I use ONLY natural lighting. This was shoot early in the morning, when the sun wasnt such bright. Also I was lucky to have a cloudy day, what makes soft shadows.

wow! great collection sir..I like the 2nd one

Thank you :)

Hello, there are some BW photos from my recent photo session in Lithuania. Yes, these BW has a higher contrast, the way I wanted it to be :) IMHO it looks more attractive. Let me know, which is your favorite? :)
End of discussion then, right?:gah:;)

Nope ;)

I like the thin DOF theme that you used for this shoot. Your model is just beautiful and seems like she's willing to work the camera. I too hate to skin smoothening..it looks too plastic and unnatural.

However I do agree though, some of the highlights are a bit blown to me which makes it hard to focus on the subject. My eyes tend to wander even though the foreground and background are blurred. The finish doesn't magnetize me to gaze at the model(as beautiful as she is).

Overall I enjoyed these alot...love the work that you put out there. Keep it up!

P.S. Just for fun :)
I have checked overexposed and underexposed areas. And.. I can say there is no overexposed areas on skin tones (only some has but its minimalistic ones [on edges] and only minor ones on the clothes). Comparing... there are more underexposed areas, lol But this is normal as these are BLACK and WHITE photographs. Ok, gonna go to bed now.. :)

Most reactions

Back