C and C and a few questions

nickb98c

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Questions first:

Lately I have been doing a lot of shooting in low light situations, and while I don't mean say a room with a single lamp for lighting, but rather situations where to get the right exposure you need to have say 1/10 to 1/50 of a sec shutter speed with a low f number. While a tripod would fix the problem, I need to be portable and quick to the shot. Also, flash wouldnt work, because one of the conditions I shoot in is indoor rock climbing, and with the sport there is a lot of debris in the air(chalk dust) which gives the picture a horrible glowing haze. Almost snow storm appearance. I havent tried any form of flash diffuser or similar setup up, so that might be an idea. And I want to keep the iso down because of noise. So any tips? Also, should I invest in a flash unit soon? I have a relitivly small set up. Camera, basic filters, etc. So should I concentrate on a flash first or the zoom lens Im planning on buying. Ok thats all my questions. Sorry about the not so brief wording, just want to let you know my exact situation.

Here is what I get now with 1/60 shutter speed 5.4 f/stop and iso set on 1600
DPP_0002.jpg

DPP_0001-1.jpg

DPP_0003.jpg

Here is one of me recent photos that I think could use some C and C ANy tips for improvement?
DPP_0001.jpg

Thanks!

Nick

External flash. Position on the flash off camera and trigger it remotely.

find a shooting angle that allows for more light or wait for the climbers to hit an area that has more light
invest in lenses that have wider apetures, maybe a prime or two at 1.4
invest in a camera that shoots cleaner at high iso

Most reactions

New Topics

Back