C&C 3 Rolling/Drift Shots

Munky

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.rikogonzalez.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'd like to see some C&C of these shots (nevermind the 'watermarks')
All were taken in Shutter Priority

4645718926_8dd2338ff5.jpg

4645105425_241029d2bc.jpg

4645739628_4c3c1d2ba6.jpg

Nice Shots !
I wouldve preferred them to be a bit closer but other than that good work!
Good seperation from the subject and the background

they are nice.. would have liked them to be more closer. what equipment did you use?

Nice Shots !
I wouldve preferred them to be a bit closer but other than that good work!
Good seperation from the subject and the background

Thanks; i have more Up close But Really Like These ones ; because you can really appreciate the Panning!; Maybe I'll post them later on!

I think 1 and 2 turned out really well, but the third one I just flat out don't like. The cone is distracting, the horizon is totally flat, and the crop is way too far away. One of the nice things to do with pics like that is just crop it before downsizing. I recently went to a drift event and used my new 70-200 lens (which replaced my mediocre 70-300). I lost 100mm of range but cropped the images down later to get the field of view of a longer lens:

img4533edit.jpg

And for some reason drift shots almost always look better when taken at an angle. There may be exceptions to the rule, (like multiple cars, or certain viewing points) but this seems to be true a vast majority of the time.

You can check out some of the shot's I've taken if you want some ideas next time you go out and shoot one of these. They're nothing spectacular, but its always nice to get new ideas and perspectives.

Matt Spencer | Formula Drift: Streets of Long Beach
Matt Spencer | Misc. Drifting Events

Good luck and keep shooting! I wish we local events around here.

This is the kind of replies I'm always looking for but hardly get; Thanks a lot Mat i'll be sure to check out those links!
Thanks again for such a thoughtful reply, i'm always open to constructive criticism!

First of: YES! Finally another Olympus-user

Agree with that. All of them would look better closer up, especially the third one. What about doing some cropping magic?

Oh, and angles. they would look better taken at an angle.

instead of panning why not let the cars blur to show the side way action

First of: YES! Finally another Olympus-user

Agree with that. All of them would look better closer up, especially the third one. What about doing some cropping magic?

Oh, and angles. they would look better taken at an angle.

I've Been Here longer than you lol...i've just been quiet; you can search my other threads if you like; I LOVE Olympus

instead of panning why not let the cars blur to show the side way action

Thanks but no Thanks They Are supposed to show the panning and Tire Smoke and Spin; only That Day it Was Raining so; Little Smoke Came Out
this is what i was 'Shooting' for LOL

world2.jpg

They need more cropping and the cones are distracting. I realize that cropping makes your images really small, so to avoid that you should zoom in more (or get closer to the cars).

They need more cropping and the cones are distracting. I realize that cropping makes your images really small, so to avoid that you should zoom in more (or get closer to the cars).

The cropping and cones were pointed out Thanks Though
I Was Veryyy Far Due to Security.....:er:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back