C&C Appreciated Flowers and Bugs

jess28

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been pushing myself to take more pictures lately, and not just the same things I always shoot. So now I'm doing the dime a dozen flower and bug shots ;) Any input is appreciated.
flowerandbutterfly.jpg

dragonfly-1.jpg

sunnyflowers.jpg

#1 i like the best though the background is kind of distacting
#2 the dragon fly is out of focus
#3 the flowers are also slightly out of focus but barely i like it

Thanks Marmots! I didn't see the focus issue on the dragonfly until I uploaded into photobucket, but it is obvious on here.

#3 is my favorite. It "feels" happy to me.

These are some great shots,I like #1 the best,nothing was centered,good composition,the butterfly's tung caught my eye.
on #2 the wings of the dragonfly have good definition,his head is centered,don't know if that brakes the rules or not but it seems to work as a good pix to me.
#3 nice colors ans the sun rays make it different from most flower pictures
good shoot....3good pictures

Edit: on my screen the dragonfly is definitely not oof

Last edited:
Hopdaddy- Thanks! :) I wish there was a bit better composition with the dragonfly. It was a spur of the moment shot with 28-300 lens and about fifty kids running around at our local zoo.

Cpolaris- Thank you!

wow the colors in #2 are really quite awesome, but the only critique I have are what you and others have said about it. Beautiful picture all the same, I think it's my favorite of the three.

#3 is my favorite of the bunch. #2 would also be very good if the dragonfly were more in focus.

Good set of images. These show some thought was put into them as far as composition goes. Keep shooting, you're getting there.

Thank you all very much! Compostion has been a struggle for me, so I'm trying hard to focus on shooting anything other than what I first think to try.

I really appreciate all of the feedback.

Most reactions

Back