C&C - D1 Rugby Nationals [PIC HEAVY]

tevo

Recovering TPF Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Looking for some general feedback on my Rugby photos, as I have only shot it a handful of times. I obviously don't expect C&C on each one, just any general critiques / advice / feedback. Thanks for looking!

Men’s DI-AA National Championship University of Central Florida vs University of Arizona by trevorwillphoto, on Flickr

Men’s DI-AA National Championship University of Central Florida vs University of Arizona by trevorwillphoto, on Flickr

Women’s DI National Championship CSUN v Mary Washington by trevorwillphoto, on Flickr

Women’s DI National Championship CSUN v Mary Washington by trevorwillphoto, on Flickr

Men’s DI-A National Championship: Life University v Saint Mary's (CA) by trevorwillphoto, on Flickr

Men’s DI-A National Championship: Life University v Saint Mary's (CA) by trevorwillphoto, on Flickr

Women’s DI National Championship Penn St v Stanford by trevorwillphoto, on Flickr

Women’s DI National Championship Penn St v Stanford by trevorwillphoto, on Flickr

You can view the rest of the set here.

I kind of like ten. The guys go one set of toes on the ground he is still reaching for the ball BEHIND HIM and looking square back at it toward the camera and he is about to face plant. I see some blue on his upper leg and in the stripes im not sure if that is a touch over saturation or maybe just how it is.

Last edited:
I kind of like ten. The guys go one set of toes on the ground he is still reaching for the ball BEHIND HIM and looking square back at it toward the camera and he is about to face plant. I see some blue on his upper leg and in the stripes im not sure if that is a touch over saturation or maybe just how it is.

Is that the only one? :confused:

It was one of my favorites as well. I did not touch saturation on any of these, only sharpness / crop / highlights occasionally.

Is that the only one? :confused:

It was one of my favorites as well. I did not touch saturation on any of these, only sharpness / crop / highlights occasionally.
no. I like them all. when I see stuff like this I look for them real "moments" a sports photographer I imagine is trying to capture (im not one).
11 shows some grit. you have a few good moments captured in here. I just like travers comment on 15 and 18 (I also wondered if they were a little bright but im not saying I don't like it). 18 is good.

6 and 10 stand out the most to me. 11 stands out in a different way but the bloodsport thing seems kind of cliché.

Great expressions on the faces and excellent action going on in all the shots. Each has decent action, so all pretty darn good for rugby shots. Hey, the All Blacks are playing the Eagles in November, in Chicago. That would be worth seeing, not too sure yet how many of the Eagles will be released from their European clubs though. If you get a chance, go for it, I would love to go. Last time was 30 years ago in the US.

All the best and nice close in action.

Danny.

#10 nominated for photo of the month

I would be interested in the injury percentages as compared to American football! Yikes!

Great expressions on the faces and excellent action going on in all the shots. Each has decent action, so all pretty darn good for rugby shots. Hey, the All Blacks are playing the Eagles in November, in Chicago. That would be worth seeing, not too sure yet how many of the Eagles will be released from their European clubs though. If you get a chance, go for it, I would love to go. Last time was 30 years ago in the US.

All the best and nice close in action.

Danny.

Thanks! I would love to shoot that game, I'll look into it.

#10 nominated for photo of the month

Thanks! :biggrin:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back