Recovering TPF Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Last edited:
#3 is my favorite -
Miss Sofia is BEAUTIFUL!!!!

While this seems like a nice dog and the pictures are sharp and well-exposed, you've posted five pictures of the same dog in approximately the same pose.

What more are we getting out of five and what more are you expecting than if you just picked the best and posted that?

I like this one the most for a couple of reasons. First, you're down at the animal's level and second, it's framed reasonably well without all the excess spoace at the sides that does nothing.
It is tilted a bit and a tiny bit overexposed (note the ruff is blown out)

Soo, what I'm trying to say is shoot the animal at the animal's eye level (just like children) and , if it's a portrait, shoot in portrait aspect ratio so there isn't all the extra space on the sides. $8210734620_ddd099f75f_kdog.jpg

Nice dog but it has been shot from the wrong angle, it looks like you have just walked up to the dog and shot why didn't you get down to the same level as your dog

While this seems like a nice dog and the pictures are sharp and well-exposed, you've posted five pictures of the same dog in approximately the same pose.

What more are we getting out of five and what more are you expecting than if you just picked the best and posted that?

I like this one the most for a couple of reasons. First, you're down at the animal's level and second, it's framed reasonably well without all the excess spoace at the sides that does nothing.
It is tilted a bit and a tiny bit overexposed (note the ruff is blown out)

Soo, what I'm trying to say is shoot the animal at the animal's eye level (just like children) and , if it's a portrait, shoot in portrait aspect ratio so there isn't all the extra space on the sides.View attachment 26420

I wouldn't have made all of these images into a set, I posted all the best from the shoot to see which ones people generally had a better reaction to. And I noticed that this one looked a tad overexposed, but upon zooming way in on it in Lr, the fur didn't appear to be a giant hotspot, there was still a fair amount of detail. Now that I look at it, it is a bit crooked. Thank you for the advice!

Nice dog but it has been shot from the wrong angle, it looks like you have just walked up to the dog and shot why didn't you get down to the same level as your dog

Traveler said the same thing. I have never worked with children, and this would be my first time doing a (semi-significant) pet shoot. I'll definitely keep that in mind next time.

A few people have posted about shooting from eye level, I was in between eye level and standing height for #3 and #5, do you think that angle works? My reasoning was I wanted only the grass and leaves in the frame, not the shrubs and the path as seen in #2.

I wouldn't have made all of these images into a set, I posted all the best from the shoot to see which ones people generally had a better reaction to. And I noticed that this one looked a tad overexposed, but upon zooming way in on it in Lr, the fur didn't appear to be a giant hotspot, there was still a fair amount of detail. Now that I look at it, it is a bit crooked. Thank you for the advice!

We don't need the practice figuring out which one we like, and our telling doesn't help you nearly as miuch as if you actually sat down, looked at each one critically and decided on your own.

When you post a bunch of pictures, the c/c is spread out and there is no concentration. Put up the best one, edited the best way you know how and then everything you hear will be new and perhaps useful.

The flash also looks a little bit cool as well.

Have you considered investing in some warm sunlight balanced gels?

We don't need the practice figuring out which one we like, and our telling doesn't help you nearly as miuch as if you actually sat down, looked at each one critically and decided on your own.

When you post a bunch of pictures, the c/c is spread out and there is no concentration. Put up the best one, edited the best way you know how and then everything you hear will be new and perhaps useful.

Duly noted.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back