What's new

C&C Fall Leaves

Tkot

TPF Noob!
Joined
Feb 1, 2011
Messages
163
Reaction score
13
Location
Santa Fe, NM
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
What do you think?

Nerstrand11.jpg
 
IMO, you have a fairly interesting shot of a woodland path with stones and leaves in the foreground. This unfortunately has no obvious subject, or focus of attention.

Sometimes to capture a feeling, you should avoid ambiguity and get either the path or the leaves. Trying to get both has not done you any favors.
 
I think there was potential here, but I think you just missed it. The path makes a great set of leading lines. Unfortunately, they lead your eye right through and out the back of the picture. If you' moved the path slightly to the left in the frame and had say, a small child bending over to pick up a leaf, you would have a great shot.
 
Sorry; i too agree with the feelings above; a great place to shoot; yet your camera was missing the lifeline of the place..... do you have other images from the same spot?
Regards :D
 
Thanks for the critiques! Here are a couple other shots from the same trip. Wasn't quite satisfied with them for several reasons (blown out sky in #1, blown out rocks in #2, less interesting colors in both) but I'd still be interested to know what other people think! Also, just for those who are interested, these were taken at Big Woods State Park outside of Nerstrand, MN.

#1
Nerstrand31.jpg


#2
Nerstrand21.jpg
 
The new #1 is very colorful and interesting; please keep it up :D
 
Your second post is much better! Now there is a subject; the footstones, and you have made a very nice composition with interesting line, weight, color, balance, and proportion. That shot is very good, and I hope you decide to hang it on the wall.
 
Thanks for the comments, I really appreciate them! It's so typical that the shots I didn't like are the ones everyone else thinks are great! The artist is never satisfied with their own work!

It seems to me that the general consensus is that my first shot lacked a clearly defined subject. What I was trying to capture was the contrast of the leaves against the green moss on the rocks. I suppose having the path cutting through the image would distract from the leaves and moss - at the time I was trying to get some contrasting foreground and background interest and thought of using the path to connect the two. I guess I should have recomposed to either exclude the path or incorporate it more clearly somehow. Bummer!
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom