What's new

C&C few pix from Brooklyn...

Nikon_Nyc

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 27, 2009
Messages
16
Reaction score
0
Location
Lost in NYC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
went out to brooklyn to take these shots...I need some C&C on these I have a few more but the C&C will assist in editing them. thanks
WalkWay.jpg

Brooklyn.jpg

City-of-water.jpg
 
1 and 2 seem underexposed for my liking and i dont really like desaturation in the third one. And for the third one your horizon isnt straight and you might also want to look into the RUle of THirds. Downtown Manhattan is beautiful at night from the Brooklyn SIde So I would suggest showing that off. ALso I Cant believe you dont have anmy shots of the Brooklyn BRidge lol. ALso Number your photos ;D
 
i think the 1st and 2nd would be better they had more contrast...make the lights pop
but that being said the 2nd is my fave of the 3. i like the lines
 
I think #2 is great because the lines of the fence on the left, and then the lights on the right create a line, and they almost converge...good composition
 
I was going to make a new topic, but probably just waste of space.

I know what the rule of thrids is...but applying it is hard to visualize. Like the #3 picture, jaszek mention that it wasn't "rule of thrids" picture. How can you make picture #3 a rule of thrids. Would you have to include more of the object you are taking to the left? Shift the angle you are taking the picture? How can you correct the shot of the picture to be rule of thrids.

Thanks
 
Guys thank for the input, trust me its appreciated because I could not really make a descision on how much exposure I should provide. I dint want the images to look as if shot in the day and photoshoped to night.I will do some editing and look forward to some more critique. Thanks again. Oh btw I have shot the bk bridge a lot I want to focus downtown, clearly need to work on that!
 
i was standing in that same place 3 years ago but didn't have an SLR back then so i will not publish the snapshots of my cybershot...
i would go there early or mid morning... I was there at about 11:00am and light was great...
 
Last edited:

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom