What's new

C&C: First "object" test shots

Joined
Jan 6, 2007
Messages
595
Reaction score
72
Location
Portland, OR
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took some shots today of some stuff I had around the house, using a makeshift setup (I'm used to shooting outdoors, so this setup is new to me).

Basically a folding card table setup in front of a bookcase, with a black blanket draped over the bookcase and table.

Lighting was natural light from a nearby window, on-camera flash (D5000), and a small crappy articulating desk lamp that I happened to have. These are 100% learning shots for me, hence the subject matter is not very interesting :)

My problems I see are:
1. I need better lighting :P
2. My angles are off. When I was setting up everything looked plumb, but the results are clearly not level
3. Probably need better focusing/DOF

Any comments are appreciated!

#1:
4408908565_7362d27ae9_o.jpg


#2:
4409674822_cdd8eb09f2_o.jpg


#3:
4408907913_8eeec26b12_o.jpg


#4:
4409674208_77714fdd22_o.jpg
 
All look to be either off focus or really soft focus....
 
I think you already know what needs some improvement. I agree with what you see.
 
If you brightened up the bowl in 1 i believe that it would be an excellent shot, the rest on the other hand could use some recomposition
 
Rub the budha's belly, that will help with your luck for the next go round. :mrgreen:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom