c&c Flowers

Scud

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well im trying to figure out how to work my first camera ( D3000) so i decided to try and take a few marco shots (think thats what they are). Any feedback would be loved i wana improve as much as i can so be harsh :)

1)
4437237318_921d70afee.jpg

2)
4437235682_ecfaf06516.jpg

3)
4437234278_ca9ff0640a.jpg

I'd severely crop these down... Hold on.

EDIT: Like This:

asdfkjsldf-1.jpg

Try to keep you composition simple, and get in closer so you can crop less. Same thing on #2... crop it just below the flower so the butterfly is sort of in the top right 1/3rd of the picture.

That's just my opinion though. Your exposure looks pretty good to me. Are you using a macro lens or the kit lens?

Last edited:
Crops improve the images greatly. Just make sure to take them like this in the first place, instead of cropping, to save as many pixels as possible.

I had kit lense on and was almost touching the flowers, the bigest flower was the bottom witch was maybe 1"x1"

Crops improve the images greatly. Just make sure to take them like this in the first place, instead of cropping, to save as many pixels as possible.

+1

Much nicer cropped down.

You have a pretty good eye for an interesting shot I think. Looks like you got down good and low for #3. Keep it up, nice camera too :)

I consider myself a pretty good photographer. having a nice camera helps, but there are plenty of cameras out there that are newer and fancier than mine and people seem to like my digital photography as well as my prints.Have u tried WCFineArtStore .It has a huge collection of famous photography, poster, art prints, and painting from thousands of artists.

Blue-Bell-Tunicate.jpg

Flower%20Power.jpg

passion%20flower.jpg

To Cutie: I think the OP was hoping for more critiques on his/her own picture. Not tyring to elicit others to post their own pictures saying how good they are.

To the OP: I think the crops lend themselves to the more macro genre. It's going to be hard to get macro shots without a true macro lens but I've seen some people on here get amazing shots with the kit lens. Out of the set I like the second the best. The fly is kind of distracting but the flower pops right out of the BG. The third seems a little underexposed. The white is isn't has crisp as it probably looks in your garden. If you use a tripod and a slower shutter speed you may find you can capture more of the ambient light around you to get those brighter colors.

Good work and welcome to the forum!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back