C&C for a friend...

SYZahran

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello all,

a friend of mine keeps asking me for comments on his photos, but i don't really know much about photography, i told him to log in to this site several times but i guess he is too busy and a bit lazy to do it on his own. :)

so i'm posting some of his photos here (after asking for permission of course) so he can get some tips from people who know what they are doing. :)

those pics are from a blog he recently started, i picked the ones i like the most. You are welcomed to visit and post some comments there if you have a sec to spare. :)

Photo.Shooting.Pilot

1)
IMGP4768.jpg

2)
IMGP5260.jpg

3)
IMGP5245.jpg

4)
IMGP4794.jpg

5)
through+the

6)
IMGP3925.jp

7)
IMGP4617.jp

any comments are highly appreciated.

Thank you for your time!!

Last edited:
hello?? anyone??

any C&C will be appreciate..

thank you.

I think people might not be commenting just because they are not you pics.

I think the photos are good. The 6th one is a bit off on the color. Other than that, the only suggestion is that they might be a tad dark. A couple of them don't have a true white in them. I would check the levels.

Other than that, they are great.

well he keeps asking me for my opinion about his photos, but i can only say if i like them or not..i can't really contribute in a way that might help him get his photos better. i always keep mention this forum...but for some reason he havn't checked it yet. thought this would motivate him to register and start using it.

thanks for your comments timbearden, from what i know the number 5 photo was taken two years ago, the rest are from the last month. so i guess he is getting better. :) i will send him a link to this page later on today.

glad you liked them ArthurIhde. :)

thank you both.

They are my pictures. I have been really busy with work, and a 1 year old. Unfortunately right now my wife and I have to work opposite schedules because so I barely have time to take pictures let alone edit them and post them on websites. Thanx SY for taking the time to post them for me. I will try to get more up this weekend.

I think people might not be commenting just because they are not you pics.

I think the photos are good. The 6th one is a bit off on the color. Other than that, the only suggestion is that they might be a tad dark. A couple of them don't have a true white in them. I would check the levels.

Other than that, they are great.

I took that set of photos about a year ago. I have learned a little bit since then. The ones of the little girl are of my daughter and those were taken around a month ago. I don't know about you, but I can see a difference from a year ago to now.

#3 and #5 are def. my favorites! I love her smile!! What a cutie you have!! :D

You've captured some great expressions.

I think the white balance may be off a bit in #1. The vignette is a bit much on a few of them. And in the last photo, I'd prefer to see at least one of the ends of the dog-looks a bit funny without a head or a tail.

I like, whether the colour is slightly off in them or not, you have achieved that which a portrait is about, character, and from these I can tell she has it in oodles, good stuff. H

Not bad pics, but vignetting makes me feel like Im about to pass out.

Man I didn't think it was that bad... I might have gotten a little carried away, but I have seen professionals use much more vignette than that.

Anyway other than the vignette. Everyone thinks I need to bring the WB up a bit and enhance the colors on some of them. I will see what I can do. The pics of the little boy are going to stay like they are. They are on an external drive, and not imported into lightroom so I am not going to mess with them.

timbeardon. When you say the color is off on the 6th one what exactly do you mean? I would like some input so I can take better photos next time. Keep in mind I am still trying to learn how to use lightroom and how to read histograms.

Here is the original. Please Let me know what you think I can do in lightroom to make it better.

Caitlynoriginal.jpg

Man I didn't think it was that bad...

I wasn't saying youre vignetting was bad, I'm saying vignetting in general reminds me of the moment right before you pass out where the sides get darker and such, I just don't see the point I guess..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back