TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Oklahoma...wishing I lived back on the West Coast
Website
www.mangohillphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi friends,
Just did a shoot with some of my friends who are also very serious clients. I am TERRIBLE at indoor shoots and flash photography and I'm in a bit of a panic and very nervous because I want to make these great for them. So far out of 400 photos this is all I've come up with, I want them to be perfect, so even if you have to rip me to shreds, help me out. I need to impress my friends! THX and Aloha!

4122591623_59d72068f5_b.jpg

4123361316_24a6e308c2_b.jpg

4122593411_b8f3f2bfb5_b.jpg

Last edited:
1: This may sound extreme. I would crop from the bottom of the window down out and make it more of a mid body shot than a full body. If you do this you can still narrow the sides in enough to make a decent enlargement.

2: I would want to shoot this with a more of a natural pose. That and you want to crop the gentlemans feet out because it looks like he wears size 24 shoes if you get what I mean. The ladies arm is not in "a natural" position. The guy has his arm upside down wrapped around the dogs head. While we may actually do this from time to time it does not appear "natural and relaxed".

3: Has got a lot of potintial {sp}. Crop the right and left third out of the image. I hate to say it but I will. Again make it more of a mid body shot than a full body. I would make the bottom of the shot stop just below the gentleman's hand. In my humble opinion this is a very natural looking shot. That is what I try to achive in my work.

Hope these help and its great to see another Okie on here.

Michael

Last edited:
On #1 the sky in the window is blown out maybe cropping it like T-town said might help.

In #3 there is a harsh shadow around the people.

Number 3, not bad of a picture, but why is he wearing shoes and she isn't? Kind of irking me at the moment, and i'm sure the focus of this was pregnancy, but still, her hand on her stomach every time is kind of repetitive IMO, good pictures though, im sure they will be pleased, just nit picking at the moment :)

1. Another alternative to cropping the first image would be to post process it and try to recover some data in the window if you shot it in raw. Or even to "green screen" it if you didn't. If the spot is really local you might even be able to re-shoot it and make the image an HDR.

Oh, second thought. Your images are pretty nice. Remember that unless the couple is really into photographic perfection they may be happy with the decent images for scrapbooking too. If you are trying to seem professional then keep up with what you're doing. If you're just trying to be a good friend then I'd showcase your best images and include your decent images as a "bonus" for them to use for scrapbook or whatnot. This will really be a judgement call for you on what their needs and wants will be, and what their expectations were going into the shoot.

Most reactions

Back