C&C macro shot: feather with water droplets

BekahAura

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
reflectivephotos.net
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I spent hours shooting different feathers, with and without water droplets, and this is one of a few shots that I like the most.

I spent a lot of time rearranging my lighting. I have hotshoe flashes and umbrellas, but the reflections from these lights never came out right. I ended up lighting this shot with the flashlight app on my phone; go figure =/

Let me know what you think and how I could improve. Any feedback will be appreciated.

p430864752-3.jpg

Wow... just... wow
Thats all i have to say

Wow
I love it!

Some inspiration for the future.......
feather waterdrop - Flickr: Search

Not saying your shot isn't nice but it's not over the top. Take a look and see if you can be inspired!!! Think out of the box!!!

I really love it pretty much...:lol:

Looks pretty good....you should tell people it was lit with an Elichrom $2,000 octa-box...

Think out of the box!!!

Iphone flashlight app for a light source??? I think she's already got "think out of the box" covered. I am not at that level by a long shot but I realize that even in the studio you may not always have the kind of light you want for the shot. I like that you can see the lines magnified through the water. That kind of stuff always grabs me. The focus is pretty sharp as well.

I love it! Great shot :)

Sorry guys, my power went out for over 24 hours, during the blizzard, and I used the remaining battery on my laptop to watch a movie.

I was itching to see everyone's comments and I'm pleasantly surprised. Thank you all for your kind comments, I feel justified in being proud of this shot now!

I will definitely check out that link... I'm always looking for more inspiration =).

Derrel: LOL, well ok, if you think they will believe me.

I'm thinking about getting my boyfriend a smart phone... that way I can have 2 mini softboxes at my disposal.

Great picture, I really love it, but don't you think that the bottom of it is much darker than It should be??!
This is just me anyways =P
Nice job

Most reactions

Back