C&C meeeeee peole

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by Lynnzora, Mar 9, 2009.

1. manaheim

manaheim Jedi Bunnywabbit Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    That was going to be my comment... flash=bad.

I think I've mentioned that to you a number of times now, though.

2. Lynnzora

Lynnzora TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Yep you have but the sun was going down and I had to use something. I'm saving to get an off camera flash. I just invested in some lighting but it's not going to do any good at the park. But yep the off camera flash is coming soon.

3. Lynnzora

Lynnzora TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Thanks for all of the comments guys. I'm seriously working trying to get this right and it feels good to be making some progress.

Regarding the Quote above:
    Mann I've done a number of different color manipulations to try to get that glow out of her face in #1 using Photoshop CS4... Nothing I've tried has worked...

And really you don't think I should photoshop all those razor bumps off in #2? If I was what do you guys usually use in photoshop to work on imperfections. I try working with the healing tool and that stamp... Any other suggestions?

4. SlimPaul

SlimPaul TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Once again, those are some nice shots! I really like the lighting in #3, but the focus seems a bit too soft on the guy.

5. rufus5150

rufus5150 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #1 the hot spots definitely show the 'deer in a headlights' flash look. Also looks like she's getting attacked by the tree. Otherwise, the exposure's decent.

#2 again off-camera flash and/or some type of diffuser would have helped this. Subject matter is strong. B&W conversion is decent but could suffer some more contrast.

#3 what's on his arm? It's distracting, as is his skin which seems way too smooth for a guy. However this was done, the lighting looks extremely uneven between the two subjects. Posing is OK but you should try to avoid having their eyes at nearly the same level (rule of thumb is eyes of one subject at the mouth or chin of the other on the horizontal... doesn't always work, but often works better than what's there).

#4. Good expressions and a nice fill of the frame, but there seems to be a slight green cast, focus isn't there at all and it looks slightly under-exposed. The light is working against you there because the majority of the image is in shadow (the specular highlights will blow out if you properly expose most of the skin). Reflectors would have helped.

6. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Try using the lasso tool to select a "clean" patch of skin near the area (to maintain similar lighting and tone) and then copy that over some of the razor marks. Best to work in small portions, nothing big. Even starting with 1 razor bump at a time if need be.

Then you can try the healing tool to smooth things out.