What's new

C&C more then welcomed on this panorama

adichiru

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 30, 2012
Messages
74
Reaction score
12
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
http://www.adichiru.com/p811116526#h5fe6e4c


p100560460-6.jpg


Thanks!
 
was this taken from north vancouver?

i like it, but something about the colours seem weird.. is this HDR?
 
It seems you went too far with the color saturation... Besides this, it's a nice picture but a little uninteresting.
 
It is not HDR. I have tweaked the colors on my monitor at work and it does seems to me too a little bit too much yellow, now that I see it at on my monitor at home. I was taken from West Vancouver, near Dundarave.

LizardKing
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif] can you please explain a little bit more why you consider it uninteresting? The way I see it is a land(water)scape emphasizing the clouds at sunset. The colors are accurate just a little too saturated. I made it as it looked interesting to me but I am curios about what others think too.[/FONT]​
 
Sunrise / sunset photos are interesting to the person that took them because they were there and can recall the circumstances each time they view it. I have dozens that way and when I look at them I can recall the people I was with, the weather, etc. and they mean something to me.

But to everyone else it's just another sunset / sunrise shot. Sure the colors are pretty, they always are. Yeah, nice clouds, they always are. To capture someone's interest there really has to be something unusual about it simply because we have seen so many. Sorry, but to me this is just another sunset shot.
 
SCraig - thanks for the comment. What you said is one of my problems with photography, or, more precisely, with how photography sometimes (too many times actually) is perceived.

I perfectly understand your point of view but some sunsets/sunrises are much harder to capture than one would think. We have seen many such photos and too many people think it's all about being in the right place at the right time.
However, it is much more than that. Technique is just the most obvious thing, also critical to get a great sunset/sunrise. We all have also seen sunsets/sunrises taken in auto mode with no decisions on composition or exposure zones etc.
Besides technique and time/place, other things have to come into the right place to get a great image.

In my case this image/panorama was created from 9 vertical images and all of them had to be taken in manual mode compensating for light changes as the clouds on the right side, that cannot be seen, were moving quite fast and let the sun shine brighter or dimmer within a time frame of seconds.
Also there were speed boats running around and some veil boats too; 3 planes flew through the scene and too many ducks, gooses and other birds kept on getting into the frame frequently and almost impossible to foresee.
There are many other things to be told about how I got this image and I agree that most of them cannot be seen and understood by the viewer. And I am also aware of the fact that a great image is not necessarily an image hard to get.

However, even if it seems dull I believe this is just a superficial impression. And many other photographers must have felt like me, I'm sure.
Unfortunately there is nothing we can do other than just make the image for yourself which is always a good thing or include something "universally" interesting and easy to perceive by the viewer - and it looks that I failed to do that.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom