C&C My Work Please :)

Shannu

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate it if you can see my work and give some criticism. I recently got into photography and these are my first 6 photographs with a DSLR.

High Leap
print1g.jpg

__

Life on Water
print2p.jpg

__

The Passage
print3.jpg

__

Beauty of Rays
print4.jpg

__

Boundaries
print5s.jpg

__

Age in Time
print6.jpg

Thanks,
Sreeteja

Images are ok, not much visual interest. I would lose the "camera: D40" text, and unless you really have a photography business or studio, having "photography" following your name is a bit pretentious. People seem to think that by throwing that on there, it legitimizes themselves as photographers.

As a lot of beginning photographers, you need to learn the rule of thirds. Basically, draw imaginary lines dividing the image into thirds both horizontally and vertically then place the important elements of your composition where these lines intersect.

The photo of the ducks could have used a polarizing filter to get rid of some of the reflections on the water.

Last but not least I can only repeat what Sherman Banks said: not much visual interest.

But if they are your first photos, you have time to learn.

I'm a noobie as well but I liked a few of the shots. The ducks were good and "age in time" looked very nice as well. As I said though, I know nothing about techniques and polarizing. :meh:

first shot you need a good flash/speed lite,for fill flash

Thanks for the responses. I am learning about polarization and everything so I guess you can expect better pics soon.

Agreed; the ducks look over-sharpened.

That, and the wartermark became the focal point of every image for me. *scratches head* That really shouldn't happen; just...don't use such a big watermark and drop the opacity. And yeah, putting "photography" at the end of your name, unless you do own/rent a studio and are actually running a business, tends to simply sound pretentious. Sticking to the letter of the law with "© year name" would would fine.

Most reactions

Back