C&C Nighttime Forest Photo

The first is soooo much better than the second. Nice composition. It's dark and creepy. Nice mood.

There's such a thing as creative exposure.

The second....Meh, nothing.

If I may add. Number two though not anchored in any way, hits on a power point. In my humble opinion the tree doesn't need anchoring since it isn't the main subject. The star trails are the subject. I think. Nonetheless, it could have been better at a wider angle with an anchor point and the stars trailing on the horizon. Which creates a whole nother ball game. But what do I know? You're such a master craftsman at creating , I hate to challenge you on this. I just see the image a different way. I suppose. My pick is number 2.

Thanks Bitter Jeweler, that means a lot coming from you!

I was worried that everybody considered that pic a failure, but I thought it was decent.

Number 2 was shot at 18mm, I could have attempted a different composition. Unfortunately, the light pollution here makes it incredibly difficult to get GOOD star trails. I am between Chicago and Milwaukee-- Stars are not visible on the horizon here, even if shooting over Lake Michigan...

Thanks for the comments!

Most reactions

Back