C&C on B&W wintery landscape

HollandHusker

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
516443891_6_nS1s.jpeg

First thing I see is the dirt spot in the sky ... this is so because my camera is horribly dirty and I have my eyes tuned to the spots, of which I get not only one, or two, but MANY... :oops:

Then I think "this is nice".

After that I start to wonder if that bit of fence in the foreground really helps composition - and come to the conclusion that it doesn't. Maybe it would have helped, if you had moved closer so that fence and darker patch of land were the very bottom of your frame (leaving some more room above the tree), or if you had let some more fence get into your frame, though that would have moved the tree into the centre, which again would not have been so good... Hmmmmm :scratch: ... one to spend some more thoughts about...!

First thing I see is the dirt spot in the sky ... this is so because my camera is horribly dirty and I have my eyes tuned to the spots, of which I get not only one, or two, but MANY... :oops:

Then I think "this is nice".

After that I start to wonder if that bit of fence in the foreground really helps composition - and come to the conclusion that it doesn't. Maybe it would have helped, if you had moved closer so that fence and darker patch of land were the very bottom of your frame (leaving some more room above the tree), or if you had let some more fence get into your frame, though that would have moved the tree into the centre, which again would not have been so good... Hmmmmm :scratch: ... one to spend some more thoughts about...!

Exactly why I posted this one, I have many thought about how to make this pictures compo better next time, just cant really figure it out. I was thinking if moving the fence to the other side would help..

Well, if you can DO that ... I wouldn't know how, you know. My PS knowledge is quite limited, even my daughter can tell more more and more new tricks that she worked out for herself... Try it out and let us see!

ETA: Oh, there it is - appeared while I was still typing out my newest comment. Well, cool trick.
To be honest, I think it DOES help balance the photo some more! (And the dirt spot is gone, too! :D)

First image: ho-hum. Second image: excellent.

The difference? Composition -- the be-all and end-all of a great image.

Nice work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back