What's new

is this the best all around lens XF33mm f/1.4 for fujifilm?

fujiguy

TPF Noob!
Joined
Dec 6, 2023
Messages
14
Reaction score
3
Location
new york
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm mostly interested in shooting fashion editorial and occasional street photography w/ humans in it, food, and general lifestyle and also some videos like b-rolls.

I currently have the 10-24mm but that's more for wider like if I want to shoot inside a restaurant and need that perspective, as well as traveling and taking pic of landscape and vlogging.

IS this the best investment? Is there a newer lens that I'm not aware of? Will these two lens get me far?
 
Nothing wrong with the f/2 "Fujicron" line-up: 23, 35, 50.
 
its not as sharp and part of investment is getting the best gear you can get long term
Haven't seen consistent proof of that or that the 1.4 is inarguably worth the extra $$$. The 58/1.2 in either R or WR versions?. Investment? You won't be getting dividend cheques...
 
In my experience as a full time professional portrait and fashion photographer, my investments in the higher quality lenses that I have wanted have always paid off. If you want the lens and have no problems booking gigs, get the lens. My 85mm f/1.2 paid for itself less than a week after buying it.
 
Last edited:
Appreciate you. May I ask if this is the best lens to get to do good work? or would you recommend something else?
 
Appreciate you. May I ask if this is the best lens to get to do good work? or would you recommend something else?
I don't shoot with fuji, so I wouldn't know about this lens specifically, but I have rented a high end 35mm f/1.4 lens, I loved it a lot, and plan to invest in one for myself soon. I think that's not far off from a 33mm f/1.4. That focal length paired with the ability to go to f/1.4 would be nicely suited and versatile for all of the genres you listed off. I own a 35mm f/2 lens, and while it's good enough for some jobs, I find myself often wishing it had a faster aperture capability such as f/1.4 or f/1.2.

So to answer your question to the best of my ability, I do think that 33mm f/1.4 would be a good choice for what you want to use it for. If you decide you want to move in the direction of more traditional portraits however, I would consider looking into fast 50mm or 85mm primes.
 
I'm mostly interested in shooting fashion editorial and occasional street photography w/ humans in it, food, and general lifestyle and also some videos like b-rolls.

I currently have the 10-24mm but that's more for wider like if I want to shoot inside a restaurant and need that perspective, as well as traveling and taking pic of landscape and vlogging.

IS this the best investment? Is there a newer lens that I'm not aware of? Will these two lens get me far? Yacinetvhub offers an easy way for users to explore various entertainment options online. Many people look for platforms that provide smooth streaming and convenient access to content. With services like https://www.yacinetvhub.com, viewers may find different features designed for a better experience. A good streaming platform should focus on quality, reliability, and user-friendly navigation. It is always helpful to compare options and choose a service that matches your preferences.
A fast standard zoom like a 16-55mm f/2.8 pairs well with your 10-24mm and covers fashion editorial, street, food, and lifestyle work, plus the constant f/2.8 helps for both stills and b-roll. Between those two you'd have solid coverage for most of what you described. The main gap would be a longer lens (something like 50-140mm f/2.8) for tighter editorial compression or street candids from a distance, but that's more a future addition than a must-have now. Newer/better options depend on your camera system, so let me know which one you're on and I can check for a better alternative.
 
I have the Fujfilm-Film XT4. I went ahead and purchased the XF 33mm used on a resell site.
 
the XF 33mm f/1.4 is an excellent match for the X-T4 and should cover fashion, lifestyle, food, environmental portraits, and street work beautifully. Paired with the 10–24mm, you’ve got a very capable two-lens setup; I’d shoot with those for a while before deciding whether you actually need anything longer.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom