C&C on Clayton Portrait

DaevidClarke

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is Clayton.
Shot with an Olympus OM-1 MD with 135mm ISO400 (all i had).
Thanks for any feedback.

clayton.jpg

Awesome shot. I would raise the light gray levels ever so slightly towards white to lighten it up with some contrast.

Great shot :thumbup:

I like it. The shot doesnt seem forced just natural him having a drag of a smoke very good ::D

Great candid, and props for using the old film camera.

I like the grain from the 400 speed film.

Did you develop this yourself or send it out?

Great candid, and props for using the old film camera.

I like the grain from the 400 speed film.

Did you develop this yourself or send it out?

well i did develop this myself...however i work in a photo lab and have access to c41 chemicals lol

Cool.. I'd be lost developing film.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Cool.. I'd be lost developing film.

Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

thanks. i shall be posting more soon.

can anyone else comment? i crave feedback

nice photograph.

I'm loving this! The only things I would say is, heighten the contrast a bit and maybe next time don't crop so close to his head - I'd leave a tiny bit more space there.

It seems a very natural photograph, if that's the way i can describe it, my eyes fall onto him very easily and it's a great little capture of a moment. the grain of 400 is well suited to the photo. lovely construction!

My only Criticism (and of course this is only my opinion) is that, To my eyes at least - the focus is atrocious. I might not be appreciating that this may be exactly how you wanted the picture, so I apologise If i have totally missed the point lol.

Nice picture though :) please don't think i hate it!

It seems a very natural photograph, if that's the way i can describe it, my eyes fall onto him very easily and it's a great little capture of a moment. the grain of 400 is well suited to the photo. lovely construction!

My only Criticism (and of course this is only my opinion) is that, To my eyes at least - the focus is atrocious. I might not be appreciating that this may be exactly how you wanted the picture, so I apologise If i have totally missed the point lol.

Nice picture though :) please don't think i hate it!

you may be right. to be honest im not sure where the focus is. this was taken with a 135mm prime from not to far away. didnt have time to change lenses and i had to be quick before he started getting testy lol

Most reactions

New Topics

Back