C&C on curly sue

sarisotta_21

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was babysitting my friends daughter yesterday and took some shots of her, this was one of my fav. just wanting some C&C on it.

037_edited-1.jpg

cute kid.

Too much empty space above draws my immediate attention but otherwise looks great!

I agree with Trever1t, but I'm probably more bothered by the fact the photo is tilted. I know it was maybe your intention, but.. it just bothers me :)

Well not really my intention for the tilt she was on the move constantly, she's a very hyper and can't sit still and I was adjusting settings and she did this pose, so I got down asap and snapped and that's what happened. I agree with the empty space, I'm gonna fix that :)

What do you say?

I do like it, but I think I like more grass in front of her. :)

I like it straighten up. And I would have either had more grass in front or none at all. Kids that age will usually lay in the grass without anything under them. I feel it makes for a much better shot.

The straightening/crop is a big improvement. There are little things that could be better, but all in all, for a candid portrait of a toddler outside, it's fine. It's a little flat, but a slight s curve, a little sharpening, and it'll pop a little more. The two things I just can't get passed, though, are the DOF, and the lighting. I really want to see her sleeves in focus. Stop down a little, you can easily boost your ISO to 200 or 400. If she's completely in focus, she'll pop a lot more from the background. As far as the lighting, it's a little uneven and makes the dark circles under her eyes much more pronounced under the left eye. Almost looks like she's got a shiner. A little pping work could fix that, tho.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back