C&C on Mallard photos!

CAG76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These were actually some of the first photographs I took with my Canon XSi right after Thanks giving when I bought it. This was right after I bought my Canon EF 70-300mm f/4-5.6 IS USM lens. I don't know why I haven't posted these a while ago.

-Christopher

Attachments

• $Mallard1.jpg
    $Mallard1.jpg
    55.5 KB · Views: 72
  • $Mallard2.jpg
    $Mallard2.jpg
    49.6 KB · Views: 85
  • $Mallard3.jpg
    $Mallard3.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 65
  • $Mallard4.jpg
    $Mallard4.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 67
Again these are very low res. I still have yet to figure out how to post images that are not so small for the screen that are still at least 340.kb

Ok I am trying something new here!

Mallard6.jpg

Mallard4.jpg

Mallard3.jpg

Mallard2.jpg

Mallard1.jpg

Ok ignore the ones at the top. C&C these images!

-Christopher

No suggestions yet huh? Come on! I KNOW these are not perfect. But then again what is perfect. Just give me any suggestions. Maybe something one would like better with one of the photos?

-Christopher

First, for me, you could loose the frames.

Top one is nice with the beading water. It looks to me like the focus is on the wing/lower body (which is very sharp though somewhat processed???). Try to get it on the eye(s). Great colors.

On the second one, I think the focus missed again - wing feathers are sharp. Great shot of how far foreword they bring their feet when paddling (I think that's what the orange is in front). I imagined them just sort of fluttering them behind. Tail is cut off.

#3 - Nice but you won't get top points for the back side.

#4 - Need the top of the head - preferably the whole duck. Eye is sharp on this one - looks very alive. Wing and body feathers have a bit of a processed look to me.

# 5 - Very nice as a 'closing' photo - especially swimming off into that green/blue reflection. May be my favorite even if she's facing the wrong way. I would crop a little off the right side.

TF

Yeah I posted these because I loved them enough to post, but I know for some reason the head is out of focus on the females and the one male.

I just love the tips you guys gave me. It, to me, always helps to have things critiqued! This gives me something to shoot for and will help me to better focus on the subject. The bottom one is my fave too though it is her backside. It's something that could be used for a purpose, but not so much to have hanging on the wall, or for a print to buy.

Yeah I went crazy with the frames although if these where going to be sold, I would not have any frames on there.

Thanks again!

If there is anything else that anybody sees that should calls their attention feel free to speak up! This is all good stuff!

-Christopher

Thats a good point. It does look much better when you can see the reflection of light in the eyes. I can see that my problem is focusing more in the body than the head in these photos. I will try this again next time I am around ducks. Well, any animal actually.

-Christopher

Most reactions

Back