C&C on some B&W shots I've taken recently

batmura

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sky is tooo strong in #1, competes with the dome roofs.
I like #2 best overall.
#3, personally I would prefer the light cloud line to be darker ... the buildings got too muddy.

I like 1 and 2 the most. To me, personally, I am not a fan of looooong, time-blurred water in B&W, as was done in shot #3.I prefer color renderings for long, time-blurred shots. To me, the abstraction of B&W takes away from the abstraction of using a long,long timed exposure to create that type of artifice that a very dense Neutral Density or f/256 type exposure time (see Wynn Bullock) causes. I dunno...I just prefer long, ND type shots that are in color.

Of the first two, I prefer the first shot, the mosques, for the simple strength of their geometry. The second shot, of Istanbul, is nice enough with the human figure, but the cityscape on the left side does not have the impact of the mosques.

I like 1 and 2 the most. To me, personally, I am not a fan of looooong, time-blurred water in B&W, as was done in shot #3.I prefer color renderings for long, time-blurred shots. To me, the abstraction of B&W takes away from the abstraction of using a long,long timed exposure to create that type of artifice that a very dense Neutral Density or f/256 type exposure time (see Wynn Bullock) causes. I dunno...I just prefer long, ND type shots that are in color.

Of the first two, I prefer the first shot, the mosques, for the simple strength of their geometry. The second shot, of Istanbul, is nice enough with the human figure, but the cityscape on the left side does not have the impact of the mosques.
Thanks so much for your valuable feedback, Derrel. I really appreciate it. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back