Photos OK to edit
6f09xi.jpg

http://i40.tinypic.com/6f09xi.jpg
Canon T2i
f/6.3
1/125
ISO 400
140mm focal length
Taken outside early evening with ambient light.
I have it oriented as a landscape rather than a portrait because it was almost as if it was a landscape that the baby was in too if that makes any sense. What do you think? Is it just too busy in general? He was sitting on a hill in my backyard.

And umm woah.. it is totally not that saturated looking on my monitor. Weird.

I have it oriented as a landscape rather than a portrait because it was almost as if it was a landscape that the baby was in too if that makes any sense. What do you think? Is it just too busy in general? He was sitting on a hill in my backyard.
Sometimes known as an 'environmental portrait'.

However, if you haven't already look at the various composition rules like the Rule of Thirds (RoT), Golden diagonals (triangles), Golden Spiral, etc.
Composition: Using the Rule of Thirds

And umm woah.. it is totally not that saturated looking on my monitor. Weird.
Investigate 'color management'. Electronic devices often use different rules. Your computer display may not be able to actually show all the colors your image has in it.
Tutorials on Color Management & Printing

Last edited:
Nice picture. Perhaps desaturating some of the reds in the flowers in the background would bring more attention to the baby. Also, the extra space on the right of the baby looks unnecessary, Since the little one is facing to the left I think it would be better to have him positioned more to the right side of the frame.

Most reactions

Back