C & C please! 1st shots with first DSLR

Kimba

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
O.k so for my first every attempt with my first DSLR (canon 500D) i was at a freestyle event so not only trying to use the camera for the first time but trying to capture shots while moving. was hard but let me know what you think..

3657070506_40167d878c.jpg

3656275105_88e6039694.jpg

1st ones definitely better because the rider is very well lit, too bad you couldn't have gotten an angle where he was in the sky between the trees, if that makes sense hah

Thanks heaps. that light got in the way of a lot of photos that day but where we were sitting i struggled to keep in out of my shots. I have a lot of pics from the day but a lot are out of focus. I am currently spending 1 day a week with a pro photographer who is going to tech me about photography so hopefully my pics will get better.

I would do a crop and some PP for Kimba but the My Photos are Not ok to Edit thing... Bleh

#1 is so close to being a really cool photo - it just needs the light to not be there and for the guy to be in the middle of the gap in the trees. Nice work anyway, couldn't have been easy photographs to take.
Even though #2 is underexposed I like the effect that you're going for, though it sort of fails for the same reasons as I mentioned for #1.

Here's a crop, quick clone, some other little stuff. Not a lot of pixels to work with though:

3657070506_40167d878c.jpg

And the other:

3656275105_88e6039694A.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back