C&C Please...6 week old baby...Help me improve!

allinschenk

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is my first attempt with a black background which happened to be a piece of black velvet fabric. My ISO was set to Auto and ended up being very high. Would I have been better to just attempt it at 200? I was working in natural light. Any insights/opinions/comments, etc would be much appreciated. I'm learning as I go and these pictures were done without charge since I am trying to improve my work. Thanks..

6 weeks old by LittleDudesMomma, on Flickr

Rylee-20 by LittleDudesMomma, on Flickr

Rylee-229 by LittleDudesMomma, on Flickr

Rylee-144 by LittleDudesMomma, on Flickr

Rylee-169 by LittleDudesMomma, on Flickr

Rylee-137 by LittleDudesMomma, on Flickr

Love the expressions in the first 2.

I think they are too tightly cropped, feel almost claustrophobic how closely cropped they are. The Flower in the first one looks way to big so it distracts from the subjects face.

I like the blue though, it goes with the subjects eyes, i would just enhance the eyes in the first 2 just a tad.
The 4th one is kind of weird, it seems like your holding the subject up for an offering to the Gods in a sense, don't know if that's what you where trying to achieve.

The 6th one is not bad but again its cropped in too close or shot too close, would be better to see more of the mother and the baby.

I think you're being a bit hard on yourself, they are really cute! For the 4th photo I would have waited until both eyes were closed or open although with babies that is hard I'm sure. I like the expression of the first one "Don't take my picture!" and the last one with mom and baby wearing the same colours.

Your exposure and lighting are the best in the first image. All the rest are a bit underexposed.

You got a variety of expressions which is awesome. You also seem very creative with your composition, there aren't two shots that look alike.

I have a feeling you're not such a beginner... but if you are you're off to an amazing start!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back