C&C please... and should I get a new camera?

clace

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This is using my five year old Elph, but I barely ever take pictures and want to start learning. Pictures taken in Turkey (first two) and Spain. I'm thinking of upgrading for an upcoming backpacking trip, but cost and weight (I need to hike with it for more than 2000 miles) are issues.
5964106674_005bd1152b.jpg

5964107084_8546f3c9a9.jpg

5963550753_16761da097.jpg

5964109114_015c552df3.jpg

5964107944_2967f7b17d.jpg

5964109386_4b15655b6d.jpg

There's not a lot to critique on these images; they're nice holiday shots with no major technical issues, and given the limits of your equipment, pretty decent. If you're thinking of upgrading and concerned about weight, space, etc, consider something like a Canon G12 - the top-end of the P&S, very well made and very well reviewed.

4 seems alil bright but aside from that, they are all pretty shots. If you want to upgrade to get back into photography, rather than just the hiking trip, thne I'd wait to buy a camera until you get back. The one you have now takes good clean shots (as obvious from above) and you can save the money for something alittle more "professional" for after the trip.

Or, if you just want a really nice camera that you can take anywhere and everywhere, go ahead and get that Canon G12. It is a really nice camera :p

Only upgrade if your camera is not getting the job done. The photos look great, if they're just for snapshots or online viewing. Ask yourself if you've had situations where you were saying, "Darn, I wish this camera could..." Then maybe you need something better.

Or if you just like cool new gear!

Well, I'm happy with the landscape capabilities but not with anything else. The focus is glacial. Debating between a high-end point and shoot and a micro 4/3s which I could use on my hiking trip without purchasing an additional lens. Plan on shooting reindeer, from a moving boat, and Everest.

Don't worry about the weight. Just buy me a ticket to go with you and I will carry ALL of your camera equipment.

Great photos! I have a Nikon Coolpix L120. It's not heavy at all and takes great pics in my opinion. There are no lenses to worry about and the zoom is really good as well. Its less than $300 and you won't have to spend lots of time trying to figure out how to work it. While I do want to upgrade to a dslr one day, this is a great starter camera, especially if you are like me and still deciding whether or not to really really get into photography. Ok, I'm done rambling now. (as a noob, I'm excited to be able to give some feedback other than nice pic! Lol)

Most reactions

Back