C&C please before I enlarge. Thank you in advance!

klc

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Can you please look at this and give me C&C before I enlarge this picture of my daughter. Thank you very much!
IMG_4259-2b4-s.jpg

Its hard to give c+c on your daughter. You are thinking about enlarging it so you like it, thats enough. If you wanted it as a portrait you could try blurring the background with a large aperture and if you want to give a sense of the occasion you could widen it a bit to contain more surroundings, but otherwise its your choice. I have similar pictures of my son enlarged and they are always nice to look back on, they may not stand up to critic but I like them

She looks sharp to me. Unfortunately, I have to use photobucket and make it really small to post it up here. Is there a better way? I cropped it for an 8x10 and tried to adjust it a little. Is there any difference? I really like the dress, and she is just tough to get looking at the camera. It is hard NOT to get them made into 8x10s or 11x14s. I don't want to overdo it, so really appreciate the advice A LOT. I do project life for her with all the 4x6s.
Thank you!
phbs-jpg.jpg

Her face appears soft; it looks to me like you may have focused on the pumpkin trim on the front of her dress. Go ahead and enlarge it; what have you got to lose except a couple of dollars? It's a cute shot, and a memory; even if it's not technically perfect, what more reason do you need?

She looks sharp to me. Unfortunately, I have to use photobucket and make it really small to post it up here. Is there a better way? I cropped it for an 8x10 and tried to adjust it a little. Is there any difference? I really like the dress, and she is just tough to get looking at the camera. It is hard NOT to get them made into 8x10s or 11x14s. I don't want to overdo it, so really appreciate the advice A LOT. I do project life for her with all the 4x6s.
Thank you!
phbs-jpg.jpg

upload with FLICKR.com. The uploader for photobucket sucks and makes photos look worse (quality wise) than they really are.

FWIW I like the second one where you have a little bit of the background showing behind her. I don't like the first version where her dress is clipped off. Not sure if you cropped it that way if it was a byproduct of the photobucket upload.

If you wanted it as a portrait you could try blurring the background with a large aperture....

It takes more than just a large aperture to blur a background.

Really!!! Your a bunch of info, actually your not, just little comments that are no help. As I don't know how to blur a background could you be so nice as to explain how to the OP, as this is a forum and we are supposedly here to try and help

Most reactions

New Topics

Back