What's new

C & C Please - Few shots from a recent hike

WinLoseOrDrew

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 18, 2014
Messages
7
Reaction score
0
Location
Denver
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi All,

Any and all feedback welcome - always trying to get better!

1) I think this is my best of this set. Subject is very clear, homed in on, and colors are vivid.



2) The original contrast in lighting on this photo was not great, so I did my best with post-processing, but maybe if I had a better original shot this could have been better...?




3) I tried to go for a leading line with the trail as well as liked the depth with the mountains on this photo, but somehow I think this could be more interesting. I also like the strong diagonal.




Thoughts?
 
Last edited:
I think #3 would be nice cropped portrait mode just showing the 3 guys hiking in single filea gainst the bank with only a minimum amount of background hills. Number 1 is nice! :)
 
these do not really do anything for me, just snapshots. crop 1 and 3 tighter might help
 
1 and 3 are nice. Slightly tighter crop on 3 I'd say
 
Thanks for the feedback! I will see what I can do with #3 and will experiment with a tighter crop on #1.

I figured #2 wouldn't get very good feedback - but as I'm newer to photography, part of putting it up in the first place is just a process to continue sharpening my own eye & standards for quality.
 
#1 horizontal format is hinting at an extension of the horizontal leaf, but then you cropped it. Spoil.
#2 Not much of a composition
#3 supposed leading line of trail is not leading anywhere. Generally, people walking away with faces turned away does not make a good composition. Given the scenery and repeating diagonals, you might have been better off without any people and a much deeper DOF to show the whole valley in focus.
 
#1 horizontal format is hinting at an extension of the horizontal leaf, but then you cropped it. Spoil.
#2 Not much of a composition
#3 supposed leading line of trail is not leading anywhere. Generally, people walking away with faces turned away does not make a good composition. Given the scenery and repeating diagonals, you might have been better off without any people and a much deeper DOF to show the whole valley in focus.

Very good points and great feedback. I wouldn't have thought of those. This is what learning looks like :).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom