C&C please.... it's been a while!

jenn76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographicmemories.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As I said in another post, I haven't been around for a while. Still shooting though! This is what I've been up to... C&C appreciated!

1. My 2 year old was playing while I was getting ready one morning. He doesn't stay still long! I realize his closer eye is in focus and the farther one is out of focus... at least his closer eye is in focus on my computer... photobucket tends to keep them from looking sharp when I upload them to put them on here.
tatetowel1.jpg

2. This is my 8 year old. Too "dark" for a kid photo? I was just messing around with different angles...
jakehalf.jpg

3. I took some engagement photos for my cousin and her fiancee on Valentine's Day. This is one of my favorites.

IMG_4472_3.jpg

#1 is a bit over exposed i would say.. but i love the contrasts

#2 and #3 is my fav.

I loved them all a lot.

What kind of post processing do you do on #3 to get them highlighted and the outer area to have a subtle vignette looking outline? #3 is my favorite.

#2 is quite nice. I don't think it's too dark. I guess that's the effect you were going for. #3 is my favorite. It's a very nice composition with good perspective, and it's well edited.

I loved the engagement photo. I thought you used a nice angle and the railroad tracks carry the eye through the picture without detracting from the main subject. I felt like your exposure was good as well without the background being too blowout given the range of lighting. Good job!

I loved them all a lot.

What kind of post processing do you do on #3 to get them highlighted and the outer area to have a subtle vignette looking outline? #3 is my favorite.

Thanks! For the editing, I use photoshop elements 6. I just brightened, added contrast, unsharp mask, then selected an area around them with about 200 pixels feathered, inverted the selection, then used levels to darken, thus adding the vignette effect.

#2 is quite nice. I don't think it's too dark. I guess that's the effect you were going for. #3 is my favorite. It's a very nice composition with good perspective, and it's well edited.

Yes, that's the effect I was going for with #2, but I've never really seen it done like that in a kid's photo... usually they're bright and happy. ;)

Thanks for the compliment on #3!

I loved the engagement photo. I thought you used a nice angle and the railroad tracks carry the eye through the picture without detracting from the main subject. I felt like your exposure was good as well without the background being too blowout given the range of lighting. Good job!

Exactly what I was going for in the pic. This was my first downtown shoot or with any industrial type background, and I was really happy with the results. I was very excited to get to shoot at RR tracks. Thank you so much!

Most reactions

Back