C&C, please

revilo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I took this one earlier, and I spent so long trying to get the focus right, that I completely forgot to rearrange the grass, so I'm left with a confusing mess of grass that detracts from the drop of water, but oh well.

Anyway, I'd love to know what you think, and how I could improve this.
dsc014082kh0.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Not a bad try. I think if you tried to arrange the grass, you would have lost your drops of water.

Yeah, that's another thought I had, that sort of made me glad I didn't touch anything. How could I have improved this one?

I'm no expert, as I'm still learning as well, but perhaps a smaller F-Stop to give a bit more DOF may have helped. I think you took this at F4. Maybe also faster shutter speed as well. You may have to up your ISO to accomplish this. (from 100 to 200 or 400 perhaps)

I'm sure others will chime in and correct me.

I was actually aiming to narrow the depth of field, but maybe this was just poor executive decision making?

I was actually aiming to narrow the depth of field, but maybe this was just poor executive decision making?

I think shallower would have worked if you were closer to a particular drop(s), but with there being more, I think that more may have worked better. You never know till you try. Joys of digital is you can try many combinations, and delete the ones that don't work.

Most reactions

Back