C&C please

robdavis305

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
New 300mm lens, I would love some feedback.

Attachments

• $_SSC0264.JPG
    $_SSC0264.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 103
I want to pet the deer. :)

As far as critique goes... the shot looks really soft. Did you use a tripod? It could also be a limitation of the lens... it appears to be wide open at that length (aperture is 5.3, I'm assuming it's the 70-300?) Or maybe this is a tight crop?

Technical stuff aside, the composition doesn't work for me. I know for me, it's tough to photograph animals that are horizontally oriented and get anything I like. I shot some ducks in water a few weeks ago and didn't get any that I liked because they were all facing perpendicular to me. Maybe if you could get the deers attention enough to have him look in your direction, you'd have a little more to work with.

The colours look a bit too dull to me. But that can all be just opinion.

I agree with the soft image comments. I also think the colors are a bit dull. Though it is tough to shoot when everything appears dead. The wider aperture setting doesn't work for me (assuming you used a wide aperture because of the depth of field). I personally would have used a higher f-stop number. I'm curious to what equipment you used.

Just a quick note → This is not a Gallery/C&C section of the forums.:

Beyond the Basics
Have you been at photography for awhile? This is the forum for more advanced discussion of photography, such as exposure methods, lighting, HDR, and other techniques and controls!

One of the following would have been appropriate:
  • General Gallery
    A gallery for sharing photos and getting feedback, including general critique.
  • Nature & Wildlife
    For all your outdoor shots, which may include your encounters with wildlife. Post for discussion and feedback, including general critique.
  • Photography Beginners' Forum & Photo Gallery
    Brand new to photography, or brushing up on some of the basics? Don’t be shy! Talk to other beginners and ask all your basic photographic questions here. Show us some of the photos you have taken so far and get some review - so you can learn where there is room for improvement!
  • Just For Fun!
    This is the place for your less serious work. Post pictures of your pets, funny images - or maybe something that just happened to catch your attention! Not intended for serious critique.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back