C&C please

AdrianBetti

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
999_0094.jpg

C&C per req: It's a start, but IMO, you have a way to go. The main issue here is exposure. You've got a very bright background, which is almost nothing but blown highlights as a result of exposing for the subject's skin. You had a couple of options here: One would have been to use fill-flash to reduce the dynamic range and even out the exposure, the other would be to move the subject to take advantage of the natural light.

As well, I think this would have been better executed in a vertical composition (portrait) and with a different background. The tree behind her head makes her look rather Medusa-like.

Lastly, I would have her stand a little more straight (she appers to be leaning forward slightly) and looking more toward the camera. Having subjects look away is fine if the viewer can see why they're looking away.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

C&C per req: It's a start, but IMO, you have a way to go. The main issue here is exposure. You've got a very bright background, which is almost nothing but blown highlights as a result of exposing for the subject's skin. You had a couple of options here: One would have been to use fill-flash to reduce the dynamic range and even out the exposure, the other would be to move the subject to take advantage of the natural light.

As well, I think this would have been better executed in a vertical composition (portrait) and with a different background. The tree behind her head makes her look rather Medusa-like.

Lastly, I would have her stand a little more straight (she appers to be leaning forward slightly) and looking more toward the camera. Having subjects look away is fine if the viewer can see why they're looking away.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

At first, I looked at this and was like ...Hmm, theres something I Like about this...its different... Ive seen extremely blown out pictures look amazing. So that may be what caught my eye in your shot. I think mostly its the framing, tree and subjects pose which got to me.
The longer I looked at it... the more the 'flaws' began to bug me.
tirediron makes some good points in his C/C... not much more i can say without repeating him.

Maybe do a reshoot, and post it! Practice makes perfect.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back