C&C Please

medic24

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.medic-24.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm new to photography. I just purchased an Olympus E-420 and have a Zuiko 14-42mm lens and a Zuiko 40-150mm lens.

I took this picture a few days ago and just got around to editing some on it. I don't currently have photoshop, but my dell came with Corel Paint Shop Pro XI which i believe is pretty similar to photoshop. Anyway tell me what you think and how to make this shot better both with the camera and in PP.

sunset.jpg

(Obviously the powerlines need removed but I haven't learned how to do that yet)

Congrats on the new purchase! To be honest, I wouldn't worry about comments or critique just yet. I would suggest going through your manual some more and becoming familiar with your camera and basic photography theory and technique. Olympus manuals used to be packed with tips and hints. If not, head down to your local library or spend some time on-line, even if the references are older, the theory hasn't changed at all.

This website has some of the best overview tutorials I've found on the 'net.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

It's a busy scene.. hard to know what the subject is. The snow isn't white.. it's greenish/bluish-gray. The sky is blown out to where the light wraps around the tree branches and almost makes them disappear. I wouldn't spend the time to remove the powerlines from the photo since they don't really break an otherwise good shot.

You have some cool equipment, is there anything in particular you want to work on? Landscape or portraits or something else?

Welcome to the forums, soak up the info and don't get offended by harsh critique!
---Wow you live in the middle of nowhere, right on the southern state border - I'm jealous.

I like shooting landscapes. Maybe the occasional portrait for church dinners. I'd love to shoot fire scenes since I'm a firefighter/paramedic.

Much better!!!! Just Keep reading and keep shooting!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back