What's new

C&c please

DThriller

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 17, 2011
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Location
USA
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
a6898bb4-1ca5-a46b.jpg


Shot with canon rebel t1i
What do you think?
 
What do you think?

I think it's an apple. Seriously, I don't see anything that makes me want to spend any more time looking at this. Focus and exposure are OK, and the only flaw I can point out is that the bottom of the apple is clipped off. However, it doesn't show me anything interesting about the subject, and if the intent were just to show the beauty of this particular apple, the lighting is not that good on much of the apple and the hand and oof face would detract from apple itself. Others may see something I don't but that's my two cents.
 
I think it's a solid shot, except for the aforementioned clipped off bottom. The colors of the apple and sky compliment which is what impressed me first. But then I start to look at the light and I see three light sources from three directions, and all are different colors... the soft warm light coming from the left, the soft white light reflecting from his shirt and wrapping around the bottom of the apple, and the deep blue atmospheric light filling in the right. I think it's an interesting light-study shot.
 
It was taken on top of a roof. It was a wile ago but I had just got my camera and I was on a Habitat for Humanity trip. I was just trying to learn everything about the camera. I have a few more from that same trip some more constructive criticism would be nice.
a68989a9-2b4a-55cf.jpg
a68989a9-2b54-6cd4.jpg
a68989a9-2b5f-75d1.jpg
 
I'm really not sure how to critique these. They're photos of apples.... :meh:

It's like hitting a few random keys on the piano and asking, "How was that?" It could be going somewhere, but I don't have near enough context to figure out if it is or not.

Why do you like these photos? What were you going for? What specifically would you like critique on? Is there some particular aspect of photography you're working on right now that you'd like help with, or do you need to tell us where to start?

:confused:
 
You should not have hidden the face behind the apple in the first; if that were seen, it would have had a better punch; but the next set of three has nothing artistic i am afraid
 
94 more and you can start calling it your "style". :) I agree with freq, hiding the face is strange.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom