C&C Please

Evesdilemma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I took this shot of my 6 year old during the first leg of his first triathlon. I know I should have been at a better angle, but I had to stand on one side of the pool in order count laps for him. Here's the exif data:
Camera: Nikon D40
Lens: Sigma 70-300mm f/4-5.6
Flash: SB400
Metering mode: spot
Shooting Mode: manual
f: 5.0
Shutter: 1/200
ISO:200
Focal length: 117.0mm

5768529901_1e912e7ab0_z.jpg

Since the offsite photo hosting place won't let me link, the photo can be found at this link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/lreneevision/5768529901/

it was a dimly lit pool-I dialed the flash down to -1.7, but am wondering if I should have increased it or the ISO.

Last edited:
I can't quite figure out how to upload it-when I click on the place to add a pic it asks for the URL-when I enter the flickr URL it doesn't finish up loading. I tried using photobucket but it looks nothing like my original photo when I upload it there.

Since the shooting position was beyond your control, that's a non-issue. The only major comments I have are that there appears to be too much water and too little child (Zoom in or crop more tightly) and that it might have been a stronger image were you able to capture him at a position where he was more 'on the surface'.

I can't quite figure out how to upload it-when I click on the place to add a pic it asks for the URL-when I enter the flickr URL it doesn't finish up loading. I tried using photobucket but it looks nothing like my original photo when I upload it there.

Right click on your image in flicker and click the size you want to view...when it redirects you right click on the image and click view image and then in the address bar you will have the image link that ends in .jpg...that is the link you need to post into the insert image url box on here.

It's under exposed, i would have shot at iso800-1600 to get a faster shutter speed and shot in portrait

When shooting action or indoors you should consider setting your iso to at least 400, perhaps as high as 800. This will give you faster shutter speeds.

Most reactions

Back