C & C please

Montanamyst

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, I've reposted with numbers on the pics. Could you guys please take a look at the photos and give me some C&C. I was trying to use fill flash in some, but I can't get the face lit correctly. Would a reflector help? I know in number 1 the umbrella is reflecting on her face. 3. This baby is so fair she seems to be reflecting the grass. The others I notice are cropped on body parts. Any advice would be appreciated.

$Callie5.jpg

2. $DSC_0523.jpg

$DSC_0157.jpg

4.$DSC_0288.jpg

$DSC_0563.jpg

$DSC_0465.jpg

Last edited:
Any C&C would be appreciated. Thanks!

Look at 1,3 & 6 - are the subjects well lit?
It is a good idea to correct obvious defects before you post, that way anything you hear will be new to you.

I was trying to use fill flash. I have a Nikon D3100 and the flash takes so long to recycle that I'm missing shots. Would a reflector help in these instances? I'm hoping to get a SB800 soon, but for now this is all I have.

If you can figure out the lighting problems you'll be away; you've captured some great great expressions. Take the time to think about where the light is coming from and position the subject accordingly - if that's possible: if it's not then your chances of getting good photo are slim and you'll be relying on snapshot luck.

Edit: A reflector might help, I just bought a set on Ebay for less than £30 ($45?).

Most reactions

Back