C&C - Product Photo

tevo

Recovering TPF Junkie
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I wanted to share a picture of this neat old 120 film camera I had in another thread, so I decided to try my hand at a product type photo again. There are a couple of hotspots that I could have cleaned up but 10 minutes after taking the picture I am deciding to post it somewhere besides the thread :greenpbl:. C&C is appreciated.

TYZ37.jpg

I have a Kodak Premo of that same type and general vintage!!! I also have a lot of the old negatives it made in the 1930's!!!! Some pretty cool images!!! I think a little bit more light on the top of the bellows would have been nice, and maybe a bit less sheen on the bellows on the right hand side. The camera appears to be "floating in air"...I think it would look better if the chromed "rest" or "foot" were swung down and into position under the bed of the camera, the way the camera would have actually been used on a table-top, back in the day, when shooting in this "tall"orientation.

Yes, that's the first thing that struck me. It looks very odd as it is, with the foot thing in the folded position. It is also a bit lost against the white background. The way round that is to get it to reflect a darker, neutral surface. I would also be inclined to improve the lighting on the top and bottom of the bellows without altering the overall feel of the image, if this were to be an actual product photo.

Yes, that's the first thing that struck me. It looks very odd as it is, with the foot thing in the folded position. It is also a bit lost against the white background. The way round that is to get it to reflect a darker, neutral surface. I would also be inclined to improve the lighting on the top and bottom of the bellows without altering the overall feel of the image, if this were to be an actual product photo.

Ah, so THAT is the other purpose of that! I had a roll of film propping it up that I cloned out. Thank you for the advice!

Most reactions

Back