What's new

C & C Requested

collk22

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 16, 2012
Messages
20
Reaction score
1
Location
Charleston, SC
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I've been lurking for a while and decided to to register in order to participate in all the good things going on. I figure what better way to jump in than to request a C&C on a few photos.

I searched around and didn't see any specific information on C&C protocol; please let me know if this thread should be in a different place. All photos taken with a D7000 w/18-105mm shot in RAW and processed in ACR/CS5. Be gentle;) and thank you in advance.

1. f/6.3, 4 sec, ISO 100, 24mm:
View attachment 8773

2. f/6.3, 1/320, ISO100, 66mm:
$KWC_1171.webp

3. f/20, 1/100, ISO100, 52mm:
$KWC_1164.webp
 
You are off to a good start! For #2, clone out those stray branches over on the left edge.
 
I like number 1, but i would tried to get that dude outa there, i keep looking at him, and i would tried to center the fountain better, also maybe waited for the right moment to get more car light trails since it was a 4sec exposure. Just my thoughts.
 
In #2, it looks as if the steeple is not exactly plumb. Without measuring, it is hard to tell for sure, but it just doesn't look right. I realize the lightning rod or whatever that metal thing is on top is bent, so I wonder if you could have found a vantage point where the crookedness would be less bothersome.

In #3, the palm shot is quite good (I hate palms) but do you think that perhaps there is too much sky above it? Needs to be cropped on top, IMO.
 
You are off to a good start! For #2, clone out those stray branches over on the left edge.

Good call, thank you!

I like number 1, but i would tried to get that dude outa there, i keep looking at him, and i would tried to center the fountain better, also maybe waited for the right moment to get more car light trails since it was a 4sec exposure. Just my thoughts.

I can't say that I noticed him when I was taking the pictures, but now that you've pointed him out he is a bit distracting. Thank you for the feedback.

In #2, it looks as if the steeple is not exactly plumb. Without measuring, it is hard to tell for sure, but it just doesn't look right. I realize the lightning rod or whatever that metal thing is on top is bent, so I wonder if you could have found a vantage point where the crookedness would be less bothersome.

In #3, the palm shot is quite good (I hate palms) but do you think that perhaps there is too much sky above it? Needs to be cropped on top, IMO.

Thank you! #2 is probably a combination of me not squaring the camera and the steeple being crooked. I've struggled in the past with getting my lines straight and I was playing with the virtual horizon feature the day I took these. I will look for some different angles next time I'm at the church.

You busted me on #3. I tried to hide the sky with the vignette, so I would agree with your observation of leaving too much sky over the top. Thank you for the feedback.
 
With certain programs you can get that steeple fixed up a bit in post.
 
I love the fountain (minus Mr. Man). In the other 2 photos I am mostly bothered by the vignetting. The palm is great against that cool sky! Maybe a bit too much sky above, as Designer pointed out, but that's easy to crop out. Nice stuff overall. :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom