C&C - Shoot With Model.

Tigertail

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
An acquaintance I met while taking photos for a short film asked me if I would photograph her model wearing t-shirts for her online clothing company. How did I do? Be harsh! Keep in mind I do not yet have anything for lighting so I had to make due with what was available (aka a couple of desk lamps and fluorescent ceiling lights!).

img0503editfavredonejpg.jpg

img0484editjpgreduced.jpg

3 (if she uses this one it will end up being cropped vertically though I rather like it in landscape)
img0712editjpgreduced.jpg

img0757editcroppedjpgre.jpg

Last edited:
you did OK, poses are good and she looks cute but have her step further away from the background to eliminate the shadows.

Like mentioned above poses are cool.
You have to watch your lighting on the subjects face, you can see the bags under her eyes on some of the shots but it should look like 3rd shot where the bags are not evident.
About the shadows behind her, nother option would have been to use a ringflash, wrapped the light around her and got rid of the shadows. It does give a different kind of catchlight though.
-

Looks like you did fine just watch the little things, for the most part they would be looking at the tee-shirt.
-

Shoot well, Joe

Last edited:
Did you mix lighting? I see 2 different light temperatures.

While the pictures are ok, they aren't particularly product pictures because the t-shirts are partially hidden or crumpled in every shot.
Show the goods to the best advantage, make certain all the detailing shows.

Pick poses where her arms don't obscure the t shirts.
If these are for little web pictures, crop to the product

img0484editjpgreducedll.jpg

photogenic model =] it would be great if she can look into the camera (with her beautiful eyes) and mesmerize the person looking at this photo. just a suggestion.

photogenic model =] it would be great if she can look into the camera (with her beautiful eyes) and mesmerize the person looking at this photo. just a suggestion.

Except the model isn't the subject, the t-shirts are.

^^^ I completely agree with that statement but if you don't plan on cropping to where its just the shirts in the photos have her fix her hair next time

The Traveller hit the nail right on the head. She is a pretty girl. Give her a few full copies if she wants them for her own use, but crop the photos that are intended for product use.

Thanks for the input! As far as the cropping goes it will show a full body thumbnail and then a cropped version having just the t-shirt once you click on the specific shirt on the site. There are other photos with out as much hair and crumbling but it's something I definitely will keep in mind for the future.

Most reactions

Back