C&C some hometown picks,

I'm seeing 'banding' in all of your images. Most likely due to the 80% vignette you put on every shot.

I would do away with much of the vignetting, unless it is used to frame the subject, like in #3. The vignette in the others don't frame anything. It just distracts the viewer and destroys much of the detail in the image. The vignette in #1 would have been OK if you were directly in front of the building, or if the building wasn't so close to the right of the frame; if it was in the center.

Too much vignette IMO. Other than that I can't really say much, good eye.

Ok , think i understand. I was going for that type of look with the dark edges, too much ? Would less still be too much ? Should this not have any due to placement of what i was shooting ?

Ok , think i understand. I was going for that type of look with the dark edges, too much ? Would less still be too much ? Should this not have any due to placement of what i was shooting ?

Less wouldn't hurt it. It's a bit overwhelming, takes alot away from your actual photo.

It has a lot to do with composition. The last photo is symmetrical. Most vignetting is done symmetrically. If you put the two together, then it works a lot better than the second photograph, where the eye is lead from the right of the frame following the bridge. If part of the bridge is unnaturally dark because of the vignette, then the continuity is broken up and it distracts the viewer.

That being said, I think that less vignette would work better on the last one. If you have a little vignetting, then the photos might look more vintage without looking corny and overdone.

I came here to comment on the vignetting as well.

It's like anything in photography editing, too much of anything makes your shots look tacky.

Same with HDR... we'll cross that bridge when it comes.

i never knew all this existed in sidney.

only thing i've ever seen there are fields and truckstops ;)

i like the pics, though i agree with there's too much vignetting.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back