C&C this ladybug and accidental shot

Cojaro

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Sojourner_by_Cojaro.jpg

I quite like the contrast between the ladybug's red and black with the stair's blue and white.

Adequate_Accident_by_Cojaro.jpg

This one was totally by accident. I was on my toes trying to get a shot of some Morning Glories. Totally missed, but I like how it turned out.

#1: I like that contrast too, but I think the ladybug is to small. IMO you should have zoomed in a little more.

#2: You are totally right. I love it when I take a nice shot by accident.

#1 Crop it so that the ladybug is a bit larger!
#2 for an accidental shot, its very nice!!!!

I wish my accidental shots turned out like that! I agree with the cropping too. Hopefully it comes out as sharp as it looks now when you crop.

I can't say the accidental shot does much for me. It just looks like a very out of focus morning glory and a fence post.

And if the other shot was cropped a bit tighter it would be awesome.

Here's the cropped version, then:

DSC_0615_edited_jpeg_cropped.jpg

I've cropped out about 50% of the image (about 5 megapixels compared to the original 10.2 megapixels.)

Look at it in RawTherapee, I think any closer and the sharpness will suffer.

So you still went with a dead center crop. Hmmm...

Dead center subject placement? Please excuse my bluntness, but where is the composition? Todays camera's can take great exposures but it is up to the photographer to create an interesting composition.

@ OP, i suggest you crop so you can see more to the right of the ladybug, idk how its going to turn out, but try it becuase that red streak on the stairs is distracting.

@ accidental shot
nothing exciting for me..

Accidental shot does nothing for me either. The subject is boring.

Well, there's nothing interesting to the right either. I'll admit the "red mark" is a tad distracting (though, it looks like a mark from a hot pink crayon...in my university's science building stairwell? *shrug*)

DSC_0615_edited_jpeg_offcenter.jpg

Here's an off-center crop that gets rid of the red mark. I don't think it's any more interesting than the centered shot because the only thing there is in the picture besides the ladybug is the same blue-and-white step.

It IS more interesting. Still problematic because the subject implies motion towards the left, which makes the space to the right, dead.

Clone out the red mark.

It IS more interesting. Still problematic because the subject implies motion towards the left, which makes the space to the right, dead.

Clone out the red mark.
so you're saying, my outlandish request for a ladybug to the right crop actually turned out right?

:D

Most reactions

Back