C&C wedding photos

dinyel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Looking for some constructive criticism on some wedding photos... these were all candids I did during my friend's wedding

5zh7pd.jpg

2lxzarr.jpg

2m6222o.jpg

2qb68no.jpg

2qs2j4k.jpg

umm... why is this in the beginers section?

normally people expect to see huge fundamental flaws here, they don't expect professional work

Last edited:
1. take care of the highlight on her shoulder. I don't care for your positioning for taking this shot.
2. What's going on on the left side.
4. IMO a picture of a picture only works if you can see the picture. Besides, it looks like the guy is dropping a deuce.
5. Again, your position on this one is bugging me. I'd rather see more of her expression than his mullet.

marmots --
While I appreciate your compliments, I am very much a beginner and not a professional photographer.

Craig G --
I'd love some constructive input on the photos...

Oops.. you posted while I was posting. Thanks!

I can see your thoughts. Thanks, these are somethings I'll definitely work on!

The positioning in number five was tough because she's 4'10'' so her face got lost in his shoulder. I just thought her eyes looked happy.

4 is really creative. Nice job!

Thanks mom2eight... It was a very fun moment. The groom and father of the groom surprised the bride with the Thriller dance. Everyone whipped out their cameras and recorders so I wanted to catch the feeling of wanting to capture the moment. I am personally very happy with the shot.

I'm not really fond of the selective colouring. I find it emphasizes the groom's military status rather than the fact that this is a wedding.

On the subject of positioning: Are these cropped, or were they framed that way. You may be able to improve some of them by pulling back and re-cropping if they are cropped.

i just said that because normally wedding shots are profesional

(didn't even look:blushing:)

1. I think the crop is too tight... it makes me feel claustrophobic and all crammed in

2. I like the shot but the vignetting is too extreme Ithink.

3. Another good picture, but the subject of the picture is the couple. I like the idea of highlighting his military status, but it's just distracting in this case, because it isn't the subject of the picture.

4. Not working for me from the standpoint that the guy's position is awkward and you really can't see the picture in the camera clearly

5. Best shot, love it! The vignette is just right, you captured her joy, and the ring takes a prominent position in the photo without being a distraction. Awesome

-tim

#3 is the best, i think ... overall, good pictures but there's a lack of "wow-effect". You may use more a wide angle lens next time especially for the kiss-scenes...

#1 Nice shot just be careful with angle on shooting down on the bride/women at weddings in general, due to the huge amount of cleavage you'll get in the picture.
#3 the selective color is really distracting in this shot. If you wanted to show off that technique try it in image #2 highlighting the dancing child.
#4 To make this work there should be more of the other camera screen in the shot in focus.
#5 Favorite of the posted shots. Expression is great, vignetting is nice as is the grainyness to the background.

Most reactions

Back