C C - what would you different

I love the images of leaves falling, but I think it either is carefully timed or you take 100 pics. These don't work for me, 1 and 2 have leaves blocking his face, and 3 I don't like that you can see the hands dropping leaves (kinda makes me think "ok...why are those parents throwing leaves on their kids"). I personally also don't like how the tree splits the images. I do like the warm tones and the actual location looks great, I just would've done the leaves differently, maybe brough a step stool and a hamper for more leaves in one shot. You're also really close in all 3, and the tree in #2 has a misc leg and elbow growing out of it.

I love the images of leaves falling, but I think it either is carefully timed or you take 100 pics. These don't work for me, 1 and 2 have leaves blocking his face, and 3 I don't like that you can see the hands dropping leaves (kinda makes me think "ok...why are those parents throwing leaves on their kids"). I personally also don't like how the tree splits the images. I do like the warm tones and the actual location looks great, I just would've done the leaves differently, maybe brough a step stool and a hamper for more leaves in one shot. You're also really close in all 3, and the tree in #2 has a misc leg and elbow growing out of it.

step stool and hamper GENIOUS...we'll definately do that next time.

I really like the idea behind these, and the exposure looks great (to my eyes on my laptop screen).

That said, I don't care for the crops/composition. For some reason, Pic 1 isn't showing up for me right now. Pic 2, I would crop down and put the kid closer to the left edge of the image. There's too much empty space to his left right now. Pic 3 I would also crop to place their faces further up and to the right.

#3 has a couple of disembodied arms in the background.

Leaves are distracting. I think these shots would have been great without that effect. After all the surroundings look amazing.

I'd eliminate the leaves falling all together.

#2 looks like the kid was running through the woods and smacked into the tree and the leaves are falling around him from the impact. Like a cartoon!

I'll just do a critique of one....
1. DSC_1211 is quite nice, but yes, the composition is slightly off and feels a bit off-balance. Use the rule of thirds to put the kid's face at the upper-left intersection.
2. The blue hues/fringing is quite distracting in the photo. Try editing them out with an adjustment brush.
3. I would add a little vignetting to make the picture a bit more cozy feeling.
4. If possible, I would shoot the photo with the lens wider open. If you had shot this less than f2, you would have more focus on the child's face and overall the photo would have a dreamier quality to it.
5. (advanced) Maybe a little off-camera gelled flash with a snoot sending a little stream of golden light across the face of the child would be a really nice touch.
6. I would bump up the saturation just a hair.

Quick crit on the last one (2561). The light is nice. You have good exposure across the face and it's very soft. Great authentic expression. A couple of nicks though. First one is you clipped the toe. Generally, if you cut something off, you must do it boldly and purposefully. It's also often said not to crop at joints. This appears to have been an accident and draws attention because it intersects the frame. The second issue is the thing in the background. Even though it's out of focus, it strongly contrasts with the tone of the trees and the shapes of the outfit so it is very noticeable and very distracting. Fortunately, it could be easily shopped out if you are so inclined.

I like the picture of the little boy with a hat. It's very cute! I agree with not liking the leaves, but what the customer wants...

I like that one too but it might have been nice to get his foot in there. I might not be able to see it though because I'm on my phone. The leaves blocking the kid's face in the first one are pretty distracting

Most reactions

New Topics

Back