C&C

adwolfe12

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am just wondering what everyone thinks about the sideways rotation added to this picture? And a little C&C is welcome, I'm fairly new but am loving photography and the forum.
Alex

4385540404_ee98fcb0b9.jpg

I'm new to this as well, and I'm not sure when tilt is acceptable (it seems that is usually isn't), but for me it doesn't work here. I'd be interested to hear some input on when it might add to the photo... heck, I'll go google it right now! ;)

I dont think it works in this case. Instead, I think the three cars, and three drivers leaning into the curve, especially the one on the left with the intent look would make a good shot, level. As is, I think the most interesting part of the shot, ie the car on the left is cut off. A little suggestion of motion would help too: either pan with the subject so the background blurs, or partial blur to the subject. Hope this helps...JSD

The tilt does not work for me, i don't think it works that well for carts the only time i use it is on motorbikes like this shot, ihttp://gsgary.smugmug.com/Sports/Cadwell-BSB-Practise/Image00037/577228434_Kzjw5-L.jpg think it works because of the armco

I don't use tilt much as an effect but that is a personal preference. In your shot I think the tilt might work better if it was tilted the other way so that it complimented the drivers lean.

I think also eliminating the crowd.. and just getting the wall would be a cool shot. I kinda agree with either no tilt or else the other way as keith mentioned.

Bazooka, thanks for the informative link! :)

Thanks, for all of the suggesting, I really never thought about panning. Maybe i will try that next time. And good thing the tilt was only done with lightroom so I can at least do a straight crop.
Alex

I think it looks fine. At least to me it shows you're thinking outside the box. Not everyone is the best photog in the world!! I know I'm not! Keep it up. :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back