C&C

Tevo, I am sorry, but I totally missed the bus on these ones. I know you like some of the abstract things, but... I am really failing here.

They are grayscale instead of black and white

1. I am wondering WHAT it is a picture of? the wasted youth that is getting cut out of the bottom of the pic? the light? the pipes?

2 I am doing better with but the angle is totally whacked to me. I am wanting to tilt my head or move the camera in the frame... Or just have another drink because that's how this image makes me feel.

Something is missing from the message ... I do not see it in either image ... unless I am missing something I should be seeing here.

Oh, and up the contrast.

Tevo, I am sorry, but I totally missed the bus on these ones. I know you like some of the abstract things, but... I am really failing here.

They are grayscale instead of black and white

1. I am wondering WHAT it is a picture of? the wasted youth that is getting cut out of the bottom of the pic? the light? the pipes?

2 I am doing better with but the angle is totally whacked to me. I am wanting to tilt my head or move the camera in the frame... Or just have another drink because that's how this image makes me feel.

Hmm grayscale and not B&W? I am confused. Explain?

I actually am aware of the problem I had/have with these photos - I saw these things, and did not know how to display them. The subject of the first was supposed to be the "wasted youth" writing. As for the second, it was supposed to be an uncomfortable angle - I was almost going for an abstract/surreal feeling to it. Probably failed.

Something is missing from the message ... I do not see it in either image ... unless I am missing something I should be seeing here.

Oh, and up the contrast.

I was having problems figuring out how I wanted to compose these - will do on the contrast.

I am not sure what you can do with the first shot ... I cannot see how the other objects in the scene can work with the phrase.

The second, could work with just the steel door ??

Bumping the contrast will help immensely. Black and white should be black white and everything in between-in the main portion of the image. these are kind of flat/lacking contrast. They're just grey.

tevo said:
Haven't posted anything for C&C in a while... need to go out and express myself ARTISTICALLY more!

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theofficialtevo/6343049852/
Wasted Youth by theofficialtevo, on Flickr

http://www.flickr.com/photos/theofficialtevo/6343091686/
No More Prisons by theofficialtevo, on Flickr

It took me a second to find the wasted youth. Since its the subject maybe try to find a different angle to make it jump right out at you. I like the fence in the shot because it looks like a prison (is it?). This one could use some contrast too unless this was the look you were going for.

I actually really like the 2nd one. The angle doesn't bother me. A little more contrast might help.

tevo said:
Haven't posted anything for C&C in a while... need to go out and express myself ARTISTICALLY more!

Wasted Youth by theofficialtevo, on Flickr

No More Prisons by theofficialtevo, on Flickr

It took me a second to find the wasted youth. Since its the subject maybe try to find a different angle to make it jump right out at you. I like the fence in the shot because it looks like a prison (is it?). This one could use some contrast too unless this was the look you were going for.

I actually really like the 2nd one. The angle doesn't bother me. A little more contrast might help.

Bingo. This is exactly what I was going for - misrepresented be it. I will play around with the angle, and probably go re shoot it at some point. Re editing the contrast right now, will reupload.

herpaderpabump

dude.. you need a totally drunk teenager in the first one, passed out against that fence! That would make it meaningful! :) (j/k)!

dude.. you need a totally drunk teenager in the first one, passed out against that fence! That would make it meaningful! :) (j/k)!

Poor misguided Charlie.. why do you still find meaning in drunk girls... why cant you just settle down and marry someone already... WHY CANT YOU GIVE ME A GRANDCHILD ):

I actually like the first one as is. The desolate setting behind a building goes with the message which was probably written by one while hanging out back there. Now that it has the contrast it needed my only objection is that it strikes me as tilted and not in a way that contributes anything. I'd make the pipes and lines on the wall vertical, or at least more so, and also get rid of most of the sky in the upper right.

I actually like the first one as is. The desolate setting behind a building goes with the message which was probably written by one while hanging out back there. Now that it has the contrast it needed my only objection is that it strikes me as tilted and not in a way that contributes anything. I'd make the pipes and lines on the wall vertical, or at least more so, and also get rid of most of the sky in the upper right.

I agree with making it vertical, but I feel like the sky being present in the composition portrays a view out - think like someone inside a prison would think when he/she saw the sky - but only a glimpse of it.

Any comment on the second one?

Oh, and Monday Bump!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back