c-mount lens value input?

westcoastpaul

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
hi all,

if there’s a better place to post this let me know! just hoping for some honest opinions.

i have a couple c-mount lenses that i just took in to sell at a local camera shop. i know they’re usually used for 16mm cameras, but as i understand some still camera users make use of them?

anyway, they offered $20-25cad for each, and i was hoping to find an opinion on the values. they are both pretty much mint.

1. pentax/cosmicar 25mm f1.4
  2. television lens 75mm f2.7 (in a rodenstock box with same specs but no name on the actual lens). i can get a better photo, but there’s a twisting locking device on the aperture and focus rings.

the pic that i’ll attach is of 3 lenses, they made the offers on the outside 2. (said they couldn’t get the middle one to focus on their test machine...not sure what that’s about).

thanks in advance for your input!

Attachments

• C41DF806-6604-4FEE-9EDE-23C6616C6367.jpeg
    C41DF806-6604-4FEE-9EDE-23C6616C6367.jpeg
    139.2 KB · Views: 135
C-mount lenses can be used on micro four thirds (MFT) & other mirrorless cameras with smaller sensors (Pentax Q, Nikon 1)
There are similar lenses that are cs mount and have to mounts 5mm closer to the sensor - your one that doesn't focus is almost certainly one of these.
My only experience with them has been on MFT, where coverage can be an issue lenses shorter than 25mm generally don't cover the entire sensor (& some longer ones don't), sometimes showing very severe vignetting (I think one I tried only managed a circular image around half the height of the sensor).

There are new lenses (25, 35 & 50mm) on e-bay complete with adapters sold regularly around the £20-£30 mark IIRC. Occasionally I've seen branded lenses go for much more than this.
Your Pentax model should be better quality but might not have coverage for MFT. I'm reasonably confident the 75mm will cover MFT & if it's a rodenstock it should be reasonable quality. Prices for sale are best investigated using e-bays 'sold' listings, but consideration must be taken of the lenses condition...

I haven't experimented with lenses longer than 35mm (I already have loads of 50mm lenses & only tried the c-mounts as an ultra budget option when after wider lenses).

thanks for the info! i bought these years ago, with hopes in getting a 16mm camera, but that’s yet to happen so i figured i’d sell these to buy what i would actually use, and that’s 35mm film. i’m happier knowing that someone will get some use for these but i just don’t want to get taken for too much.

ps: i tried the ebay-sold research method but couldn’t find my lenses, and knowing that different lenses go for significantly more or less, thought i’d reach out to as many people at once as possible. my knowledge is with pentax k-mount.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back