Cacti blooms

Soocom1

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
We are seeing the cacti blooming around here.
Some of the pics... Nopalas (paddle cactus) and cholla.
vekPv4O.jpg

mZRjw08.jpg

fKxB8O3.jpg

Interesting and pretty.

Great shots - I especially like how you captured the detail, even in the bright sunlight! Good job. :cool-48:

Nicely done, Cactus blooms are awesome when a bunch are seen together. Sadly not so much in my neighborhood.

More blooms...

This time with my 10D

03QKji8.jpg

Beware the Jumping Cholla!!

I used to live in Scottsdale and miss it every day.

So beautiful.. is this the time of the year for blooms.. or does it go into summer months.. i love your cactus blooms..

So beautiful.. is this the time of the year for blooms.. or does it go into summer months.. i love your cactus blooms..
The blooms usually come out in late May to early July. Then the blooms turn into the cactus tunas or pears as some call them on the Nopales cactus. (Leaf/paddle). The Chollia is a skeletal looking thing that looks sorta like a Saguaro.

I love the blooms because the leaves get really green contrasted with the purple, yellow, and orange flowers.
Fields of them.

Thank you.

The blooms usually come out in late May to early July. Then the blooms turn into the cactus tunas or pears as some call them on the Nopales cactus. (Leaf/paddle). The Chollia is a skeletal looking thing that looks sorta like a Saguaro.

I love the blooms because the leaves get really green contrasted with the purple, yellow, and orange flowers.
Fields of them.

Thank you.
thank you for information, so interesting.. i find the desert really a unique environment and i know so little about it..

Fields of them.

Thank you.
thank you for information, so interesting.. i find the desert really a unique environment and i know so little about it..
Beauty all its own.
NM and AZ have some of the most unique environments anywhere.
an environment ranging from desert to Alpine.
Very unique area and history.

its worth the trip if you ever went.

So beautiful.. is this the time of the year for blooms.. or does it go into summer months.. i love your cacti blooms..
The blooms usually come out in late May to early July. Then the blooms turn into the cacti tunas or pears as some call them on the Nopales cactus. (Leaf/paddle). The Chollia is a skeletal looking thing that looks sorta like a Saguaro.

Fields of them.

Thank you.
Beauty all its own.
NM and AZ have some of the most unique environments anywhere.
an environment ranging from desert to Alpine.
Very unique area and history.

its worth the trip if you ever went.
some day i will again.. i have been to AZ many years ago.. i actually looked for a home there.. I remember that there were no lawns.. just sand and cacti plants everywhere.. bee hive shaped fireplaces.. it just did not work out at the time.. but i would love this environment more then florida.. i like the dry heat.. and the vegetation..and love the AZ decor too

Most reactions

Back