Cactus V2's

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, it looks like I got a set that works pretty darn well. I was a bit concerned that I might have to send the unit(s) back a couple of times before I got one that actually worked. Well, the planets aligned and mine seems to work like a champ, but only time will tell.

IMG_5997.jpg

I'll report back if they give the unit gives me any trouble. I will be adding another receiver here this week.

Overall impression: Seems to be more than I expected for $30. Quite honestly, I was surprised (positive) by the general quality of the units and the packaging. I wouldn't say it is "high" quality, but it's above average especially given the price. It came with everything you would need to set it up and get it going. I did order it with batteries which does cost a little extra. I'm quite please with the purchase so far.

you shoulda gotten the second receiver at the same time.. less shipping costs...

i love my v2's.. i've had no problems at all with them.. when I got them, i had a nikon sb50dx and a sunpak pf30.. the v2 didnt work with the sunpak, which also came as a shock to the people who sell the v2, but, i found a lady on kijiji who lived 2 minutes away from me who was selling a sb50dx, so i bought that from her for 45 bucks and now its all good... i still use the sunpak, i just put an optical slave on it..

its a great set up all around

you'll have to look up some of the mods for the v2, theres one for range increasing, and one to use AA batteries instead of the batteries it comes with

That mod's page is sweet. Given the low cost of the units, I may just tinker with these a bit. Thanks for the links guys.

That mod's page is sweet. Given the low cost of the units, I may just tinker with these a bit. Thanks for the links guys.

one of the videos i watched of a guy who did the distance mod increased the distance by like 100 feet... i think it was [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m5hTyVLYNZg"]this guy[/ame]

can't wait to order mine :D...but i have a couple other things i need to buy.

o and can you post the link to the post on ebay...or just say what store it was?

Thanks. But I think when I get them I'll attempt the AA battery mod.

I just went with CLS, and PWs when I really need them, I know I could have got by with these, but I just love the PWs.

I love my v2's now i just need one more flash. Let me know how the mods work out.

I just went with CLS, and PWs when I really need them, I know I could have got by with these, but I just love the PWs.

I'm waiting to buy PWs until the new ones hit the street in a few weeks (according to Amazon) that support TTL. I just couldn't pass up playing with the V2's given the cost while I wait. :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back